Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,000 Members 38,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone using MightyText having a problem sending MMS through Web app?

Tip us?

njcobra10tha
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Anyone using MightyText having a problem sending MMS through Web app?

I love Mighty Text - lets you send/receive SMS/MMS from PC just as if it was sent from phone and it even shows up in your phone.

It's great, but ever since I got my note 3 I can't get MMS to send through Mighty Text. I can send MMS through phone.

I also have Handcent SMS on the phone but that wasn't a problem with my S4 or previous phones.

Anyone have this issue or better yet a solution?

Obviously it's not critical sending text through MightyText still works but I'd like to be able to send MMS that way again.

Thanks

Raul77
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by njcobra10tha View Post
I love Mighty Text - lets you send/receive SMS/MMS from PC just as if it was sent from phone and it even shows up in your phone.

It's great, but ever since I got my note 3 I can't get MMS to send through Mighty Text. I can send MMS through phone.

I also have Handcent SMS on the phone but that wasn't a problem with my S4 or previous phones.

Anyone have this issue or better yet a solution?

Obviously it's not critical sending text through MightyText still works but I'd like to be able to send MMS that way again.

Thanks
I have Note 3 and same issue. MMS is not sending.
Samsung Note III (Rogers)
ROM : Stock (4.3) [/URL]

smaisonville
Old
Thanks Meter 60
If you are on Wifi, data must also be enabled for MMS to work. I am using Handcent.

Sent from my rooted Note 3 (N900T) using XDA Premium

TheOtherNathan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm not using Handcent or any other text app and I'm having the same issue. Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 and MightyText 4.62. Any tips? Mobile Data is on but can't send group messages or MMS picture messages from the Chrome Web App. All I see if the little clock in the corner and that the message is pending. On the phone I have tried lots of things. Uninstall/Reinstall, Restart, unlink/link, clear cache and data. No dice. Any ideas appreciated.

tamora
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Possible solution?

I'm on a Note 2, using Handcent and MightyText, and was having the same problem. The following seemed to help: in Handcent settings, I made Handcent my default program for MMS only (when it was default for both SMS and MMS, they didn't go through to MightyText). Hope this helps.

agp423
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I also cannot send MMS/group message on the computer. I tried to install tweakker, but every time I run it, the app quits by itself... Any solution to this? I tried installing Handcent and making that the default for MMS, that did not help either.

I am running Kitkat on VZW HTC One.

Limeybastard
Old
Thanks Meter 61
I tried Hand (job) Cent but was not too impressed with the fact about when folks sent me MMS messages. It would want me download them.

agp423
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limeybastard View Post
I tried Hand (job) Cent but was not too impressed with the fact about when folks sent me MMS messages. It would want me download them.
It took me five minutes to figure out what all the settings mean and how they work. Maybe because I'm (23 years) old... too old for these tech gadgets. And MightyText still doesn't work for MMS/group message

toastido
Old
Thanks Meter 424

DONATE TO ME
I got mighty text working with MMS. You can't be on Wi-Fi at all with your device. It's slow, but it works when only on mobile data.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
If I've helped you, hit the Thanks! button!

Devices:
2012 ASUS Nexus 7 - KitKat 4.4.4 Stock ROM - leanKernel(grouper) v4.0
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 - KitKat 4.4.2 Stock ROM(N900TUVUDNF4) - leanKernel(N900T) v3.6

Helpful Threads by Yours Truly:

agp423
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Doesn't work for me.

I installed Contacts+ and made it my default messaging app. Now MMS/group message works using MightyText.

Tags
mighty text, mms, note 3