Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,022 Members 53,420 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD REQUEST] Auto popup keyboard on desktop

Tip us?

VTEChump
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 30
Default [MOD REQUEST] Auto popup keyboard on desktop

Is there anyway to mod windows 8 so that when you are using a tablet and touch a text entry field in desktop mode the keyboard automatically pops up (even better if it auto closes when you hit enter)? This is the most annoying "feature" of Windows 8 in desktop mode, when using a touch device (tablet).

fastwanabe
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I second the motion.
MDA>8525>Tilt>Fuze>G1>Incite>3g>3gs>HD2>3gs>Captiv ate>HD2(android)WP7>Dell Streak 2.2>Evo 2.3>Atrix 4g ICS>Infuse 4g>LG L9>LG Optimus G Pro &touchpad& Acer w500 w/ W8.

bri315317
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 14,581

DONATE TO ME
This would be an excellent mod if someone would do it for us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium HD app

Please log ISSUES with my Dynamic Kat for the Note 3 in this spreadsheet to help me help you!
Please USE the Official Q&A thread for Dynamic Kat on the Note 3 in this Thread.
Please log ISSUES with my Dynamic Kat for the S5 in this spreadsheet to help me help you!

madamimadam
Old
Thanks Meter 15
it would be pretty sweet if someone could get the same type of auto-keyboard on desktop as in metro. it would remove 25% of my touch

_SpAiK_
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I'm in for this. Even win7 has a popup feature when you put the cursor on a text box.
The Following User Says Thank You to _SpAiK_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SoundSurfer
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I might be mistaken, but I think in one of the betas the keyboard worked like that on my Acer W500, but not anymore...
HTC HD2
HP Touchpad 16gb
HP Pre 3
Nexus 4

ra2100
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundSurfer View Post
I might be mistaken, but I think in one of the betas the keyboard worked like that on my Acer W500, but not anymore...
Yes you are correct in one of the betas it did use to auto popup when you clicked in a text field I remember the same thing with my Samsung Slate 7 now its gone I was just wondering the same thing myself
The Following User Says Thank You to ra2100 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_SpAiK_
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2100 View Post
Yes you are correct in one of the betas it did use to auto popup when you clicked in a text field I remember the same thing with my Samsung Slate 7 now its gone I was just wondering the same thing myself
May this be one of that things that Microsoft disables from registry, but it's still accessible?

dragon_76
Old
Thanks Meter 92
I'd be happy if I could get the behaviour from Windows 7 back where when I clicked on a text field there was a floating button for the keyboard next to the input.

DJ-VAN
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Please... I already fixed ff w/ user chrome to make the url bar bigger and tablet friendly.

This is one of the last tweaks I need to do.

I'm sure if the feature can't be re-enabled someone can replicate launching the keyboard automatically with autohotkey?