By GB1337, Junior Member on 13th February 2014, 11:27 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Just got a brand new ativ s with a non-working rear camera. Details
OS version 8.0.10517.150
firmware: 2424.13.11.2
radio soft 2424.13.9.1
radio hard
chip soc 1.5.32

3rd party apps don't work, hard reset did nothing. No mSD card inserted, with or no sim.

What should I do with it? Is there any ROM, firmware or other stuff to flash in order to make it work? Should I take it to warranty and get a new one, which will also probably stop working pretty soon? Should I get a full refund? Or should I wait for another update, maybe wp8.1 and hopefully this is a software bug, not a faulty hardware?
14th February 2014, 12:52 AM |#2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,879
Why would you assume a warranty replacement would also be defective? That's... um... I do not understand the thought process which would produce that belief. The fact that third-party apps and hard-reset didn't fix it pretty clearly indicates a hardware problem. The fact that people aren't constantly complaining about this issue (anecdotally, I have had *no* trouble with my phone's camera) suggests that it's a pretty rare problem. In what way is a warranty replacement not the obvious answer?
14th February 2014, 11:44 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
Because every piece of hardware that I bought and has failed in the first 24 hours came from a bad batch. One time I even got 3 brand new hard disks fail in a row. The 4th one lasted 1 year.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread