Post Reply

How to unlock bootloader 4.1.2 firmware?

OP edj809

11th February 2014, 01:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
My s3 i747 come with 4.1.2 and the bootloader is locked, how unlock the bootloader?

i want downgrade to 4.1.1 but i can't, any idea how to make the downgrade?
Last edited by edj809; 11th February 2014 at 01:52 AM.
11th February 2014, 03:22 AM   |  #2  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 632
 
2,746 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Which phone? Carrier? You may be able to use Odin and firmware from samfirmware.com.
11th February 2014, 03:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Which phone? Carrier? You may be able to use Odin and firmware from samfirmware.com.

S3 I747 at&t, i can flash the firmware 4.1.1 although this blocked the bootloader?
11th February 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #4  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 632
 
2,746 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
From what I have done with my Canadian s3, which is an i747m, I can downgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.1.1 with no problem via Odin. The bootloader is not locked. As far as I know, the only bootloader the could be considered "locked" would be in the stock 4.3 ROM. Once your phone is on 4.3, you cannot downgrade the bootloader.
11th February 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

From what I have done with my Canadian s3, which is an i747m, I can downgrade from 4.1.2 to 4.1.1 with no problem via Odin. The bootloader is not locked. As far as I know, the only bootloader the could be considered "locked" would be in the stock 4.3 ROM. Once your phone is on 4.3, you cannot downgrade the bootloader.

look the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-10-23-47-13.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	2572130   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-10-23-48-28.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	2572131  
11th February 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #6  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 632
 
2,746 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Did you try to downgrade with Odin?
11th February 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

Did you try to downgrade with Odin?

maybe brick or not?
11th February 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 290
 
767 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
You won't brick. I've downgraded several times. You're most likely to brick with 4.3, and not 4.1.2, 4.1.1, or 4.0.4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th February 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #9  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 632
 
2,746 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edj809

look the pics

My download screen says the same thing and I'm on stock 4.1.2.
12th February 2014, 02:41 AM   |  #10  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortydoggg

You won't brick. I've downgraded several times. You're most likely to brick with 4.3, and not 4.1.2, 4.1.1, or 4.0.4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

My download screen says the same thing and I'm on stock 4.1.2.

Thanks, I did the downgrade without any problems and now I'll try to flash a custom rom, even though I still see that the bootloader is still enabled using the 4.1.1

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes