Post Reply

[Q] Upgrading from 4.2.2 to 4.3?

OP da64u

2nd February 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #1  
da64u's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
I have a AT&T Galaxy S4 running Pacrom 4.2.2 stable.
I would like to upgrade to one of the 4.3 nightlys. Can I just flash the new zip, or do I need to do a full format since it's going from 4.2 to 4.3?

Thanks for any help (:
3rd February 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #2  
Langes's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sweet Spot
Thanks Meter: 2,283
 
1,435 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by da64u

I have a AT&T Galaxy S4 running Pacrom 4.2.2 stable.
I would like to upgrade to one of the 4.3 nightlys. Can I just flash the new zip, or do I need to do a full format since it's going from 4.2 to 4.3?

Thanks for any help (:

Full wipe is mandatory. You will get FCs coming out of your ears if you do not do a full wipe
8th February 2014, 11:43 PM   |  #3  
da64u's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langes

Full wipe is mandatory. You will get FCs coming out of your ears if you do not do a full wipe

Thanks. And now that I have this open what's the easiest way to backup as much of my info and settings as possible when switching?
The Following User Says Thank You to da64u For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th February 2014, 01:25 PM   |  #4  
atrus5's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 923
 
909 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by da64u

Thanks. And now that I have this open what's the easiest way to backup as much of my info and settings as possible when switching?

What has worked the best for me is doing an 'online nandroid' backup and use 'nandroid manager' to restore apps. Only restore data of things you absolutely need. Like games. The rest just do restore app. You can find both in play store. You can use 'pac backup' to save settings. Never restore system apps through nandroid manager
15th February 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #5  
gchild320's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Terre Haute
Thanks Meter: 1,353
 
1,189 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by da64u

Thanks. And now that I have this open what's the easiest way to backup as much of my info and settings as possible when switching?

Titanium backup or a similar app. Batch backup and batch restore.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes