Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,495 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stucked on 4.3 leaked update (UCUEMJ2)

Tip us?
 
Amhed0910
Old
#1  
Amhed0910's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default Stucked on 4.3 leaked update (UCUEMJ2)

I have a SGH-I747, and on the last weeks I've updated it to 4.3 Jelly bean leaked version, which is UCUEMJ2, but now want to get the official 4.3 update (UCUEMJB). How can I make this? Is there any solution? Everytime I try to flash anything, it seems to get it done, but then I reboot my phone and there it is, the leaked and buggy 4.3 update still there. Can someone help me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
 
vanisleryan
Old
#2  
vanisleryan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 107
Posts: 478
Join Date: Oct 2011
Pretty sure you should be able odin back to 4.1.x from the leak and then update ota. Downgrading from leak is safe afaik but don't downgrade from official 4.3 = brick. Sounds like you better be sure if you want to go to official. Please someone else confirm.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to vanisleryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
norbarb
Old
#3  
norbarb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 721
Posts: 1,394
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Crest Hill

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhed0910 View Post
I have a SGH-I747, and on the last weeks I've updated it to 4.3 Jelly bean leaked version, which is UCUEMJ2, but now want to get the official 4.3 update (UCUEMJB). How can I make this? Is there any solution? Everytime I try to flash anything, it seems to get it done, but then I reboot my phone and there it is, the leaked and buggy 4.3 update still there. Can someone help me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Yes you can downgrade to 4.1.1 via kies or Odin if you on MJ2 and take update to MJB over the air. But there is no comback to privies version of if you on last OTA 4.3 MJB...
The Following User Says Thank You to norbarb For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
aybarrap1
Old
#4  
aybarrap1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 152
Posts: 563
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhed0910 View Post
I have a SGH-I747, and on the last weeks I've updated it to 4.3 Jelly bean leaked version, which is UCUEMJ2, but now want to get the official 4.3 update (UCUEMJB). How can I make this? Is there any solution? Everytime I try to flash anything, it seems to get it done, but then I reboot my phone and there it is, the leaked and buggy 4.3 update still there. Can someone help me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Like others have said, you can odin back to 4.1.1 stock and start the OTA update process (you will need to update to 4.1.2 then do the 4.3 update). HOWEVER, please keep in mind that once you are on 4.3 stock you are stuck there. You cannot downgrade or you will brick your phone. Rooting the 4.3 stock rom is even a hit and miss at this point so do not even count on having root or a custom recovery. You have been informed and to update is at your own risk if is going to be an issue for you. I suggest give the developers time to figure things out first unless you just really want stock unrooted SIII experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to aybarrap1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
androidBH
Old
#5  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 52
Join Date: Jan 2013
Hmm..

I am on this rom..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498233

No root no knox..

Now.. back to 4.1.1 on kies.. odin..? And how update on 4.3 official?

I am from bosnia. My phone is buy in america att.. but not ota update for me.. i click on software update.. every day.. but nothing.. try later for 24h...

Sorry my english is bed..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
 
Amhed0910
Old
#6  
Amhed0910's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Nov 2013
So basically I should go to Kies, use the "don'tknowthename" method to get back to 4.1.1, then manually install the 4.1.2 OTA, and then again manually install the 4.3 OTA? (I have an AT&T phone but I live in Mexico). Woooooah, seems like a busy evening. Great...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
 
Amhed0910
Old
#7  
Amhed0910's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidBH View Post
Hmm..

I am on this rom..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498233

No root no knox..

Now.. back to 4.1.1 on kies.. odin..? And how update on 4.3 official?

I am from bosnia. My phone is buy in america att.. but not ota update for me.. i click on software update.. every day.. but nothing.. try later for 24h...

Sorry my english is bed..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
That's the same problem I have. If I get the 4.3 OTA update today or tomorrow, I'll let you know and I'll help you, ok?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
 
androidBH
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 52
Join Date: Jan 2013
Ok man. Tnx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
 
dntesinfrno
Old
#9  
dntesinfrno's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 72
Posts: 296
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sumter, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amhed0910 View Post
So basically I should go to Kies, use the "don'tknowthename" method to get back to 4.1.1, then manually install the 4.1.2 OTA, and then again manually install the 4.3 OTA? (I have an AT&T phone but I live in Mexico). Woooooah, seems like a busy evening. Great...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
Im pretty sure Kies will only let you install the latest official firmware, im not positive on this however as i avoid it like the plauge. Your best best is to use Odin to flash back to stock, and then grab the OTA (if thats what you have your heart set on).
SGS3 i747 sporting Task650 AOKP(Jellybean 4.3) backed by KT747 kernel
If I have helped you a THANKS is appreciated but not expected, and if a problem was solved a [SOLVED] tag in your post title helps better the community
Samsung Moment>Samsung Galaxy S Captivate>Samsung Galaxy SII i777>Samsung Galaxy SIII i747
The Following User Says Thank You to dntesinfrno For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Amhed0910
Old
#10  
Amhed0910's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dntesinfrno View Post
Im pretty sure Kies will only let you install the latest official firmware, im not positive on this however as i avoid it like the plauge. Your best best is to use Odin to flash back to stock, and then grab the OTA (if thats what you have your heart set on).
So, what would you reccomend? Should I just upgrade it to official 4.3 or should I root and get CM10.2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes