Tip us?

Atlantic_Rim
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Cyanogenmod 11

Hi !

I have a few questions:
- If I flash this unofficial rom, will it be possible to have official updates without flashing another rom ?
- And also, is it already good for everyday use ?

Thanks !

i_rnb
Old
Thanks Meter 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic_Rim View Post
Hi !

I have a few questions:
- If I flash this unofficial rom, will it be possible to have official updates without flashing another rom ?
- And also, is it already good for everyday use ?

Thanks !
- nope, you won't get official updates.
- it depends on your needs, check the bug list, if it does not bother you then it is okay for your daily use!

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy Apollo GT-i5801
CyanogenMod7.2 (Unofficial Port by marcellusbe)

Motorola Moto G 16GB Dual XT1033
Stock 4.4.2

Atlantic_Rim
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_rnb View Post
- it depends on your needs, check the bug list, if it does not bother you then it is okay for your daily use!

Ok thanks for reply !
Then I think I will wait for the official release, because I want a fully functional version for my moto G

will8578
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Iv just finally been able to flash it, been on the latest rom for two days, bugs for me are youtube freezing and the lockscreen unlock, which actually isnt that bad, u wont need latest official release because this rom will always be up to date and when the phone gets abandoned, people like dhacker are hero's for us because they'll keep our phone updated

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
MotoG CM11 latest nightly

Android...Phone...History...
T-Mobile-Pulse---HTC Wildfire---ZTE Blade---HTC Desire---Xperia Play---HTC evo3d----sgs3 ---- sg note 2 ----- MotoG-UK

Android...Tablet...History...
Scroll 7inch---Hannspree Hannspad---Asus Transformer tf101----MOTOROLA XOOM

Atlantic_Rim
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by will8578 View Post
Iv just finally been able to flash it, been on the latest rom for two days, bugs for me are youtube freezing and the lockscreen unlock, which actually isnt that bad, u wont need latest official release because this rom will always be up to date and when the phone gets abandoned, people like dhacker are hero's for us because they'll keep our phone updated

Yes I know the great job devs are doing for us before the moto G I had a LG optimus L7 and thanks to cyanogenmod I had kitkat on it.
But as far as this phone just came out, I'm asking myself if it's good to avoid my warranty just to have the same version of android ...

(correct me if I say bad words because I have to train my english )
The Following User Says Thank You to Atlantic_Rim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

will8578
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Battery life has been better for me and customization, i think im just happy to flash a different rom, been trying for about 2 weeks, or failing more like, ur english is good, good luck to u

MotoG CM11 latest nightly

Android...Phone...History...
T-Mobile-Pulse---HTC Wildfire---ZTE Blade---HTC Desire---Xperia Play---HTC evo3d----sgs3 ---- sg note 2 ----- MotoG-UK

Android...Tablet...History...
Scroll 7inch---Hannspree Hannspad---Asus Transformer tf101----MOTOROLA XOOM

Atlantic_Rim
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by will8578 View Post
Battery life has been better for me and customization, i think im just happy to flash a different rom, been trying for about 2 weeks, or failing more like, ur english is good, good luck to u

Thanks

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 23429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Wrong. With CMUpdater, if you're running an unofficial build, the nightlies (when they appear) will show up. Even if they don't, you most definitely will be able to manually flash the nightlies without wiping.

The one exception will be if you want to switch to the new "corporate" release streams from Cyngn if those ever get turned on for the device. Those will require a wipe - but official nightlies won't.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

i_rnb
Old
(Last edited by i_rnb; 12th February 2014 at 07:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Wrong. With CMUpdater, if you're running an unofficial build, the nightlies (when they appear) will show up. Even if they don't, you most definitely will be able to manually flash the nightlies without wiping.

The one exception will be if you want to switch to the new "corporate" release streams from Cyngn if those ever get turned on for the device. Those will require a wipe - but official nightlies won't.
I am fully aware for that, but I thought he meant Motorola's official stock updates, not CM's official nightlies.
But still, it is risky to flash official nightly updates on an unofficial build.
Anyway, I might be wrong, I came from a device which did not have a official CM build.
Samsung Galaxy Apollo GT-i5801
CyanogenMod7.2 (Unofficial Port by marcellusbe)

Motorola Moto G 16GB Dual XT1033
Stock 4.4.2

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 23429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I am fully aware for that, but I thought he meant Motorola's official stock updates, not CM's official nightlies.
But still, it is risky to flash official nightly updates on an unofficial build.
Anyway, I might be wrong, I came from a device which did not have a official CM build.
There could be risks if you flash an unofficial build from someone who is not at all working on merging a device into CM - they often cherry pick all sort of stuff that causes incompatibilities with upstream to the point where the product really shouldn't be called CM. (I've seen lots of "CM" kangs that had all sorts of extra crap added beyond just doing what is required for device bringup...)

dhacker, however, is an official CM maintainer for many devices, so his builds are the ones that are "on track" for official inclusion.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]