Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Anyone finding they're not using their tablet much?

OP supremekizzle

13th April 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33

168 posts
I have a Nexus 4, Note 10.1-14, and the GPad. I'm finding that I hardly pick up my GPad and have to remind myself to do so. I use my Note for productivity and my N4 mostly for browsing. Anyone else in a similar predicament? Between my two tabs, phone, and laptop; I just feel like I have too many devices and it sucks that I can't just put my laptop away because it does some things android can't. Arhg. First world problems, I know, but does anyone find themselves drowning in devices and neglecting some of them?
13th April 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #2  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 49

284 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremekizzle

I have a Nexus 4, Note 10.1-14, and the GPad. I'm finding that I hardly pick up my GPad and have to remind myself to do so. I use my Note for productivity and my N4 mostly for browsing. Anyone else in a similar predicament? Between my two tabs, phone, and laptop; I just feel like I have too many devices and it sucks that I can't just put my laptop away because it does some things android can't. Arhg. First world problems, I know, but does anyone find themselves drowning in devices and neglecting some of them?

I sell the ones I do not use. Usually to my friends. I live in Brazil, so usually sell my stuff at the original US price I paid, which is still considerably less than the local price. I am also manic about care, so they know the items are impeccable (no scratches, dings, or defects). Anyhow, I know my uses for Android devices. My LG G2 is the phone/camera/communications device/audio.

My first tablet was a 7-incher. Slow, but loved it, and reading was a joy (I am a reading junkie). Playing and studying chess was cool too. It was also fun to watch videos on trips. Still, I wanted something faster, larger and higher resolution. My next was 8.9 inches (Nook HD+), high res, excellent tablet. It was a bit on the heavy side, and I wanted something slightly more compact, something in between the two. The G Pad is my ideal size.

For productivity, I have my desktop.
13th April 2014, 07:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag West Side
Thanks Meter: 26

312 posts
More
I use it plenty for gaming and for work. If excel and viewing pdf 's is productivity then that too lol. I don't want to bust out my laptop for customers, the 8 incher works great.
13th April 2014, 01:04 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

60 posts
I owned ASUS Eee pad Slider 10.1inch before, but I gave it to my girlfriend. And it was good tablet, but I didn't like it much as I like the LG G Pad 8.3. For playing hardcore games I use my ASUS G750JX gaming laptop. I use the G Pad 8.3 for watching online videos from YouTube. Streaming videos to my TV through DLNA.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
13th April 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #5  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 49

123 posts
More
If you don't use it, why not sell it?

I'm constantly traveling from place to place but still have a lot of stuff and documents that needs to be typed out. So i carry a 13'' Macbook Air everywhere for my work. Then i use my G Pad whenever i'm chilling at night, consuming media and playing some games, and have a Galaxy S4 next to that to make calls and keep in touch with family and friends.

A Macbook Air, G Pad 8.3 and Samsung Galaxy S4 are a perfect combination for me!
13th April 2014, 02:14 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
I use my LG 8.3 daily and a lot. I use my computer much less and don't use the laptop or netbook at all.

I use the LG for most of what I do on the internet. Casual gaming, reading, forums, news, sports, shopping, searching, email, etc.

I typically go to the computer for banking or to use MS Office.
13th April 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 59

462 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxje

If you don't use it, why not sell it?

I'm constantly traveling from place to place but still have a lot of stuff and documents that needs to be typed out. So i carry a 13'' Macbook Air everywhere for my work. Then i use my G Pad whenever i'm chilling at night, consuming media and playing some games, and have a Galaxy S4 next to that to make calls and keep in touch with family and friends.

A Macbook Air, G Pad 8.3 and Samsung Galaxy S4 are a perfect combination for me!

Yup thats similar to what i have. Although now i have the m8. I had the nexus 10 and sold it due to me not using it as much. Also had a note 8 but didnt like the plastic build. This tab is perfect now that it got the update. The sound was horrible.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app
13th April 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #8  
Flag Pennsville
Thanks Meter: 20

151 posts
More
Tablet
I see no reason to have two different tablets so I use my g-pad all the time.
16th April 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 56

201 posts
Im my case it's the opposite. I use it so much that my Moto G is only used for calls/messages. Nowadays i can't spent more than 10 minutes browsing on a 4.5"/5.0" screen. It's so bad compared to my LG G Pad...
16th April 2014, 09:09 AM   |  #10  
Flag Lund
Thanks Meter: 59

175 posts
More
I just bought a LG G2 and that has made me use the G Pad less. But the are still things that I rather do on the G pad, like browsing (better overview of the webpages), banking, watching videos of different kinds, taking notes with external keyboard in class, reading books and listening to some music (Spotify free is only for tablets). I don't have a laptop so the tablet is used for whatever a laptop is used for, and my stationary PC is turned on way less than before.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread