Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Where's the root? :)

OP Barsky

14th February 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #1  
Barsky's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 89
 
828 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
About says it all. You devs are wicked clever and am confident it won't be long.
14th February 2014, 02:34 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
390 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barsky

About says it all. You devs are wicked clever and am confident it won't be long.

Waiting to purchase until root is achieved!
14th February 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #3  
Barsky's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 89
 
828 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudbury78

Waiting to purchase until root is achieved!

Well, now I need to research if the Note 10.1 2014 is getting the new gui with kitkat. Spec wise, they are virtually the same other than the pen and the tabpro is 2gb ram vs 3gb ram on the 2014. Might need an exchange, if so.
14th February 2014, 03:04 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
390 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
in my opinion, for the difference in price i would get the 2014 10.1 IF I wanted another 10 inch tablet. I have an iPad now but want a smaller tablet, hence getting the 8.4. Had the new nexus 7 and it was too small, especially using the note 3 as my phone.
14th February 2014, 03:16 AM   |  #5  
Barsky's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 89
 
828 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudbury78

in my opinion, for the difference in price i would get the 2014 10.1 IF I wanted another 10 inch tablet. I have an iPad now but want a smaller tablet, hence getting the 8.4. Had the new nexus 7 and it was too small, especially using the note 3 as my phone.

I personally agree, especially since coming from a Note 10.1 (original) or tab 2, it is far smaller. That said, 7 and 8" tabs are extremely popular..
14th February 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #6  
skyyrocket's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miramar
Thanks Meter: 312
 
424 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Donate to Me
More
@Sudbury78 I have the iPad mini with retina and I picked up the 8.4 pro today and I am loving the pro 8.4 with note 3....it's like the perfect combo.. I think I'll be selling my iPad
14th February 2014, 03:21 AM   |  #7  
Barsky's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 89
 
828 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyyrocket

@Sudbury78 I have the iPad mini with retina and I picked up the 8.4 pro today and I am loving the pro 8.4 with note 3....it's like the perfect combo.. I think I'll be selling my iPad

Everytime a mac person becomes enlightened, an angel gets its wings!

Kidding. Not interested in starting an os war nor find them particularly valid.
14th February 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 38
 
390 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Sky rocket I like it. I have a 3rd gen 64gb ipad with data. It's so slow. I had a nexus 7 and was blazing so I ruled out my wifi. Will most likely get the 8.4 and once rooted use my note 3 as a hot spot when needed.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
14th February 2014, 03:29 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
438 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
I'm definitely getting the tab pro 8.4 LTE model when its available lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
14th February 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #10  
Barsky's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 89
 
828 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudbury78

Sky rocket I like it. I have a 3rd gen 64gb ipad with data. It's so slow. I had a nexus 7 and was blazing so I ruled out my wifi. Will most likely get the 8.4 and once rooted use my note 3 as a hot spot when needed.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Isn't your Note 3 almost as big? <ducking>

(my sgsII was the Skyrocket

The Following User Says Thank You to Barsky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes