Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,506 Members 39,581 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] USB Charging

Tip us?
 
moz2k12
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 15
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vienna

 
DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] USB Charging

Hi

I have the Tab Pro 8.4 since yesterday.
Today i noticed that charging over USB is not working. I get a red cross in the Battery Symbol.

Anybody with the same Problem?
 
Samsara69
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 57
Join Date: Dec 2006
Hello.

If you mean charging by other charger than original, it's normal.
All Samsung Tab need original charger or compatible charger (mean mentioned "for Galaxy Tab").
Note 3 SM-N9005 4.4.2 stock XXUEND6 rooted
Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 XXUCMA5 stock rooted
Galaxy Tab 7 GT-P1000 CM11 4.4.2
 
moz2k12
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 15
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vienna

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsara69 View Post
Hello.

If you mean charging by other charger than original, it's normal.
All Samsung Tab need original charger or compatible charger (mean mentioned "for Galaxy Tab").
no I mean charging on the USB Port with a normal Micro USB Cable. I have one here from a Galaxy S2 or S3 and with them it doesn't work.
 
phage80
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 41
Join Date: Apr 2012
It requires 2amps to charge while the screen is on. The other chargers are probably only providing 1amp so while screen is on it is not charging.
 
moz2k12
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 15
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vienna

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by phage80 View Post
It requires 2amps to charge while the screen is on. The other chargers are probably only providing 1amp so while screen is on it is not charging.
once again, i dont use the charger, it is connected to the USB Port from my Computer!!!! Normaly a Device like the Nexus 7 is charging wenn connected over USB, the Tab Pro 8.4 not.
 
phage80
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 41
Join Date: Apr 2012
Then it is the same issue.

A computers USB ports only output 500ma for usb 2.0 devices unless the machine has a piece of software designed to tell it to send more over the port.
It is still not the 2 amps required to charge the device while the screen is on, it should still slowly charge with the screen off.

The nexus 7 probably has a lower power draw allowing it to charge at 500ma with the screen on.
 
Samsara69
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 57
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz2k12 View Post
no I mean charging on the USB Port with a normal Micro USB Cable. I have one here from a Galaxy S2 or S3 and with them it doesn't work.
It's what i mean.
You cannot use another charger or computer USB port than original or compatible for recharge Galaxy Tab.
It's not a question of intensity ,Galaxy Tab wait for signal on +-DATA pin .
Original charger has 2 resistors between +-DATA for be recognized by Galaxy Tab.
You can use a special USB dongle for recharge at any USB port http://dx.com/p/usb-charging-adapter...b-black-151322
Note 3 SM-N9005 4.4.2 stock XXUEND6 rooted
Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 XXUCMA5 stock rooted
Galaxy Tab 7 GT-P1000 CM11 4.4.2
 
moz2k12
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 15
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vienna

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsara69 View Post
It's what i mean.
You cannot use another charger or computer USB port than original or compatible for recharge Galaxy Tab.
It's not a question of intensity ,Galaxy Tab wait for signal on +-DATA pin .
Original charger has 2 resistors between +-DATA for be recognized by Galaxy Tab.
You can use a special USB dongle for recharge at any USB port http://dx.com/p/usb-charging-adapter...b-black-151322
That su...., never seen this on other brands!
 
Samsara69
Old
#9  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 57
Join Date: Dec 2006
Same for iPad and somes Asus Transformer.
Note 3 SM-N9005 4.4.2 stock XXUEND6 rooted
Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8010 XXUCMA5 stock rooted
Galaxy Tab 7 GT-P1000 CM11 4.4.2
 
moz2k12
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 15
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vienna

 
DONATE TO ME
I found right now that it is charging also when there is the red cross in the battery symbol

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Integrate Social Networks Into Your Project With ASNE Library

Social network applications and services have developed into major parts ofour … more

Give Your Android Wear Device a Lock Screen with Lockable

Without a doubt,Android Wear is one of the most frequently talked abouttopics of … more

Forums Added for the LG G Watch R and Samsung Gear S

A little over a week ago, LG “inadvertently” let the world know about the … more

Secrecy App Goes Open Source, New LG Android Wear Device! – XDA Developer TV

Secrecy encryption app goes open source! That and much … more