Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 45,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Alternative for Original Media Control Widget?

Tip us?

Filler1971
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Alternative for Original Media Control Widget?

Hi,

I always use MortPlayer to hear my Music (because of Folders). And often I can control it with Media-Control-Widget on my GG.

But there are 2 things I really dislike. First one is that I have to Pause/Stop playing to see the Name of the Track. And the second one is that I not see how late it is because there is no watch on the widget. That sucks.

Because of this I have some questions:
1.) Is there an alternative for Original Media-Control-Widget?
2.) Could I directly start MortPlayer with Media-Control-Widget? What I have to do?
3.) Is there someone who could rewrite this App/Widget to show clock and Trackname and rearange the volume-Buttons. If it is possible
I don't know anything about Android developing.

Thx forward.

Sepharite
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filler1971 View Post
Hi,

I always use MortPlayer to hear my Music (because of Folders). And often I can control it with Media-Control-Widget on my GG.

But there are 2 things I really dislike. First one is that I have to Pause/Stop playing to see the Name of the Track. And the second one is that I not see how late it is because there is no watch on the widget. That sucks.

Because of this I have some questions:
1.) Is there an alternative for Original Media-Control-Widget?
2.) Could I directly start MortPlayer with Media-Control-Widget? What I have to do?
3.) Is there someone who could rewrite this App/Widget to show clock and Trackname and rearange the volume-Buttons. If it is possible
I don't know anything about Android developing.

Thx forward.
I don't have any suggestions but some comments on your post. When I go to Media Controller, within a milisecond, it displays the name of the track, without me touching any buttons.

Also, what do you mean how late? You want a clock on the Media Controller? Why? I put the shortcut for Swipe Down on clock to go to Media Controller. It's easy access to both.

Brendo
Old
Thanks Meter 514

DONATE TO ME
Yeah, I don't have that problem either. Clock would be useful I guess
Here's something to try: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2610167 (look at plugins available)
Samsung Galaxy S IV (i9505) | 16GB
[ROM: Stock KK 4.4.2 | XXUFNC9 | MODEM GSM/LTE: XXUEML4/XXUFMC9 | BL: PRE-KNOX | K: ADAM | RECOVERY: PhilZ]
DOMINATION | XPOSED

OTHER DEVICES:

Google Nexus 5 | 32GB
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 (P7310) | 32Gb
[ROM: CM10.2 | CPU: 1.4ghz]
Samsung Galaxy TabPro 10.1 LTE (T525) | 16Gb

Pebble (Kickstarter)
Galaxy Gear (Null_)
Gear Live ()
Google Glass (Explorer)

--------
My Android Downloads

Filler1971
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Well before GG I've got an Pebble Smartwatch, and on MediaControl the Trackname and the clock will always be shown. This was very useful, because sometimes the Track starts and after a short while I will see whats the Name of the Track. But then I have to stop and start it. This is isn't very good. And I think there is enough space to set the Volume-Buttons on other place to let Trackname and clock always stays on display.

But now after I've updated GearManager to newest version here in forum, MediaControl only starts Standard Music Player .