Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,536 Members 53,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

UK MK7 to US MK7?

Tip us?

Lucent
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default UK MK7 to US MK7?

I installed the UK MK7 update weeks ago and want to switch back to the US now that it's available to get Exchange previews back. What's the CSC code for the US? Kies won't update since it says I already have MK7. Is there another place to download the new ROM? Can I downgrade to an older US ROM and let Kies update that way? I would, but I can't find even the old US ROMs.

almulder1092
Old
Thanks Meter 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucent View Post
I installed the UK MK7 update weeks ago and want to switch back to the US now that it's available to get Exchange previews back. What's the CSC code for the US? Kies won't update since it says I already have MK7. Is there another place to download the new ROM? Can I downgrade to an older US ROM and let Kies update that way? I would, but I can't find even the old US ROMs.
Yes you can downgrade, Here is the thread where you can get the USA version. (OLD)

XAR is the USA version - Last one in the list (Labled as Cellular South)

Also you can go here and get the current version, Currently the top one in the list.

Gear - [Tutorial] Null_ / FreeFalling Theme / Dr Who Sound/Boot Theme / & More (Updated Jan 16, 2014)

Gear - [Tutorial] (Non Null_) Rooting / Nova / ATN / UCCW / ect. (Updated 11/04/13)

If you feel I have helped you out and would like to donate please do so.
Replaster My Pool Fund - Donate
Thanks!

Note 3 (T-Mobile) / International Rom / Galaxy Gear with - null_ - FreeFalling Theme - Doctor Who Sounds, Boot
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to almulder1092 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Travyevo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by almulder1092 View Post
Yes you can downgrade, Here is the thread where you can get the USA version. (OLD)

Also you can go here and get the current version, Currently the top one in the list.
Was thinking the same thing but wondering if it even makes sense to do? If the UK gets another update (which I assume will be before the US again) won't Gear Manager download it to my UK rom first?

jaltman
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I decided to reload the old ROM and re-upgrade not being sure if were differences. I had some wierdness after loading the old ROM which I suspect was program updates intended for the new ROM. You might want to do a reset to wipe the gear before dropping back to the old version.

Having done so, though, I used Kies to upload the new US ROM and it all went fine. I am now on the US MK7 and all seems well.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

67srbell
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaltman View Post
I decided to reload the old ROM and re-upgrade not being sure if were differences. I had some wierdness after loading the old ROM which I suspect was program updates intended for the new ROM. You might want to do a reset to wipe the gear before dropping back to the old version.

Having done so, though, I used Kies to upload the new US ROM and it all went fine. I am now on the US MK7 and all seems well.

So, are the UK and US MK7 firmware versions identical?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

jaltman
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I see no discernable differences on the surface. Under the hood, I can't tell. It seems unlikely to me that different versions would be left with the version number. Time will tell.

inmnbob
Old
Thanks Meter 28
How can I tell which version of the MK7 software is installed the Us or the UK. I did both on two devices and don't know if there is a way to.tell

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

stevedrz
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67srbell View Post
So, are the UK and US MK7 firmware versions identical?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
I did notice s voice on the great activates a lot quicker, I'm coming from uk mk7, odin'ed to us mk7. Synched to a gs3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

highlordkram
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by almulder1092 View Post

Thanks for this information, as I was not sure I was on the UK or the US version, having flashed the UK rom, but then being unsure if what appeared to be an update recently actually was. I am in USA and on the XAR version now. All have been working great with Exchange and other notifications.

danyvw
Old
(Last edited by danyvw; 20th December 2013 at 10:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 139
Default Same size

I opened both .tar files (XAR from USA and BTU from UK) and they have the same exact size on all their subfolders (not a single Byte more, not a single Byte less) I assume they are the same firmware. Why Sammy took too long to update USA firmware? Weird right?

The Following User Says Thank You to danyvw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]