Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,867 Members 41,518 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

light leakage

Tip us?

nice.guy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default light leakage

hi guy! i had this problem with my phone. it functioning well, but this light leakage thing keep bugging me. what i want to ask was that to fix the light leakage do i need to replace the lcd or only the digitizer i'm not really good at hardware so please help me out thank out. and here the picture of the problem sorry for the bad english
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1373.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	2582265  

chdrummerdude
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Pretty sure that's an issue with the LCD itself. Was the actual front LCD and digitizer ever changed out because of a crack or something. Could have been replaced with a cheap replacement

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app
All Mine!

uppon2
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1169
Use Nova/Apex launcher and set the top and bottom shadow in the desktop settings area. Might reduce it a bit with brighter coloured backgrounds
The more you sweat in training the less you bleed in battle

nice.guy
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chdrummerdude View Post
Pretty sure that's an issue with the LCD itself. Was the actual front LCD and digitizer ever changed out because of a crack or something. Could have been replaced with a cheap replacement

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app
So if i want to get rid of the leakage i have to replace the whole front panel. Is it the one where u can find on ebay for around 35-40buck? Thx u for ur answer