Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] How to go back to stock Rom

OP hotbutcoldbacon

14th February 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
I wanted to know how do i go back to the sprint stock rom after i flashed a 4.4.2 Rom?
14th February 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #2  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,709
 
8,413 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Are you saying that you updated to NAE, rooted, and now trying to unroot? If so I don't know of any way to do it since there is no tar for NAE yet.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
14th February 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

Are you saying that you updated to NAE, rooted, and now trying to unroot? If so I don't know of any way to do it since there is no tar for NAE yet.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Im not sure what NAE is but the rom I have is Octo-Kat from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2493128 any info is greatly appreicated.
14th February 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #4  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,709
 
8,413 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
NAE is the new 4.4.2 TOUCHWIZ update that just came out for the phone. That's what I thought you meant. To go back to stock, if you mean stock unroofed. It would depend on what version of touchwiz you were on before. If you were on 4.2 then Odin a 4.2 tar. If you were on 4.3 with Knox then Odin MK2 kernel.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
14th February 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

NAE is the new 4.4.2 TOUCHWIZ update that just came out for the phone. That's what I thought you meant. To go back to stock, if you mean stock unroofed. It would depend on what version of touchwiz you were on before. If you were on 4.2 then Odin a 4.2 tar. If you were on 4.3 with Knox then Odin MK2 kernel.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Well before I rooted and flash a custom rom I was on 4.3. However I did flash a 4.4.2 so would that mean im out of out or should I go ahead flash a 4.3 tar
14th February 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #6  
daniel4653's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Southern California
Thanks Meter: 2,709
 
8,413 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbutcoldbacon

Well before I rooted and flash a custom rom I was on 4.3. However I did flash a 4.4.2 so would that mean im out of out or should I go ahead flash a 4.3 tar

If you were on 4.3 touchwiz previously then yes you are okay to odin the MK2 tar.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel4653 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel4653

If you were on 4.3 touchwiz previously then yes you are okay to odin the MK2 tar.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Thank you I will try it out.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes