Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Deleting SafeStrap Partition after Upgrading to 4.3

1st November 2013, 01:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39

162 posts
I forgot to delete the rom slot in Safestrap before I upgraded to 4.3. Anyone have any ideas on how to delete the data that was there?
1st November 2013, 01:46 AM   |  #2  
Flag Hermitage, PA
Thanks Meter: 420

1,592 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznjosh

I forgot to delete the rom slot in Safestrap before I upgraded to 4.3. Anyone have any ideas on how to delete the data that was there?

Using root explorer: /ss/safestrap <---Remove that DIR

Edit: Oops, This is assuming you upgraded via the maintain root method to 4.3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazer9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2013, 02:28 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39

162 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer9

Using root explorer: /ss/safestrap <---Remove that DIR

Edit: Oops, This is assuming you upgraded via the maintain root method to 4.3

It was actually in /data/media/safestrap but I deleted it. Thanks for the tip!
The Following User Says Thank You to aznjosh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2013, 03:08 PM   |  #4  
Flag Hermitage, PA
Thanks Meter: 420

1,592 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznjosh

It was actually in /data/media/safestrap but I deleted it. Thanks for the tip!

Hrmm, that's odd. Mine is in the root directory of the location I pointed to originally and nothing in /data/media/safestrap doesn't exist but glad you got it sorted.
16th February 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

54 posts
Partition
Not sure I'm posting in the right spot, but here goes. When I am in link2sd it shows SD card 2nd part not found, and it has at least 7 gb on it. The phone shows 9.72GB total & 8.27GB used,1.45GB free.... SD card (storage emulated) 9.70GB total and 8.27GB used, 1.43GB free. Kinda odd the internal and external are so close in used and free space.I installed SS and in the process it creates partitions. I didn't see any diff in the ROM I installed at the same time that was preloaded in the SS install. So I deleted the ROM but left SS hoping more ROM options will come later down the line. Then I find out I'm almost out of storage cause I get a warning in the notification bar and discover this huge empty space on my SD card. How do I unpartition the ext sd card or at least get access to all the unused space.
THANKS
Michael S
16th February 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1,528

5,200 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshawn3

Not sure I'm posting in the right spot, but here goes. When I am in link2sd it shows SD card 2nd part not found, and it has at least 7 gb on it. The phone shows 9.72GB total & 8.27GB used,1.45GB free.... SD card (storage emulated) 9.70GB total and 8.27GB used, 1.43GB free. Kinda odd the internal and external are so close in used and free space.I installed SS and in the process it creates partitions. I didn't see any diff in the ROM I installed at the same time that was preloaded in the SS install. So I deleted the ROM but left SS hoping more ROM options will come later down the line. Then I find out I'm almost out of storage cause I get a warning in the notification bar and discover this huge empty space on my SD card. How do I unpartition the ext sd card or at least get access to all the unused space.
THANKS
Michael S

If link2sd can't see the partition on the external sdcard, then possible the parition is corrupted. I would take the card out and use Gparted on your PC to fix the 2nd partion by deleted it then recreate with ext4.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank