Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Deleting SafeStrap Partition after Upgrading to 4.3

OP aznjosh

1st November 2013, 02:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
I forgot to delete the rom slot in Safestrap before I upgraded to 4.3. Anyone have any ideas on how to delete the data that was there?
1st November 2013, 02:46 AM   |  #2  
lazer9's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hermitage, PA
Thanks Meter: 449
 
1,713 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznjosh

I forgot to delete the rom slot in Safestrap before I upgraded to 4.3. Anyone have any ideas on how to delete the data that was there?

Using root explorer: /ss/safestrap <---Remove that DIR

Edit: Oops, This is assuming you upgraded via the maintain root method to 4.3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazer9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2013, 03:28 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer9

Using root explorer: /ss/safestrap <---Remove that DIR

Edit: Oops, This is assuming you upgraded via the maintain root method to 4.3

It was actually in /data/media/safestrap but I deleted it. Thanks for the tip!
The Following User Says Thank You to aznjosh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2013, 04:08 PM   |  #4  
lazer9's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hermitage, PA
Thanks Meter: 449
 
1,713 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznjosh

It was actually in /data/media/safestrap but I deleted it. Thanks for the tip!

Hrmm, that's odd. Mine is in the root directory of the location I pointed to originally and nothing in /data/media/safestrap doesn't exist but glad you got it sorted.
16th February 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
54 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Partition
Not sure I'm posting in the right spot, but here goes. When I am in link2sd it shows SD card 2nd part not found, and it has at least 7 gb on it. The phone shows 9.72GB total & 8.27GB used,1.45GB free.... SD card (storage emulated) 9.70GB total and 8.27GB used, 1.43GB free. Kinda odd the internal and external are so close in used and free space.I installed SS and in the process it creates partitions. I didn't see any diff in the ROM I installed at the same time that was preloaded in the SS install. So I deleted the ROM but left SS hoping more ROM options will come later down the line. Then I find out I'm almost out of storage cause I get a warning in the notification bar and discover this huge empty space on my SD card. How do I unpartition the ext sd card or at least get access to all the unused space.
THANKS
Michael S
16th February 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #6  
buhohitr's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,629
 
5,448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshawn3

Not sure I'm posting in the right spot, but here goes. When I am in link2sd it shows SD card 2nd part not found, and it has at least 7 gb on it. The phone shows 9.72GB total & 8.27GB used,1.45GB free.... SD card (storage emulated) 9.70GB total and 8.27GB used, 1.43GB free. Kinda odd the internal and external are so close in used and free space.I installed SS and in the process it creates partitions. I didn't see any diff in the ROM I installed at the same time that was preloaded in the SS install. So I deleted the ROM but left SS hoping more ROM options will come later down the line. Then I find out I'm almost out of storage cause I get a warning in the notification bar and discover this huge empty space on my SD card. How do I unpartition the ext sd card or at least get access to all the unused space.
THANKS
Michael S

If link2sd can't see the partition on the external sdcard, then possible the parition is corrupted. I would take the card out and use Gparted on your PC to fix the 2nd partion by deleted it then recreate with ext4.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes