Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,073 Members 40,923 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Deleting SafeStrap Partition after Upgrading to 4.3

Tip us?

aznjosh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default Deleting SafeStrap Partition after Upgrading to 4.3

I forgot to delete the rom slot in Safestrap before I upgraded to 4.3. Anyone have any ideas on how to delete the data that was there?

lazer9
Old
Thanks Meter 415

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznjosh View Post
I forgot to delete the rom slot in Safestrap before I upgraded to 4.3. Anyone have any ideas on how to delete the data that was there?
Using root explorer: /ss/safestrap <---Remove that DIR

Edit: Oops, This is assuming you upgraded via the maintain root method to 4.3
Verizon Galaxy S4 w/ Safestrap Recovery v3.72 & ★[ROM][JULY 4] Hyperdrive RLS17.1 KitKat `._ ║Hyperdrive Tweaks ║ Ultimate Customization ║ On-the-Fly Theming ★ w/ NC2 Bootloader -On Stock Side!...

Gear w/ Tizen NE9-Rooted

Asus Transformer TF300T : ★★★[TF300 KitKat 4.4.4][CROMBi-kk][F2FS | DATA2SD | ROM2SD | CM11 ][JULY 16]★★★

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazer9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aznjosh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazer9 View Post
Using root explorer: /ss/safestrap <---Remove that DIR

Edit: Oops, This is assuming you upgraded via the maintain root method to 4.3
It was actually in /data/media/safestrap but I deleted it. Thanks for the tip!
The Following User Says Thank You to aznjosh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lazer9
Old
Thanks Meter 415

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznjosh View Post
It was actually in /data/media/safestrap but I deleted it. Thanks for the tip!
Hrmm, that's odd. Mine is in the root directory of the location I pointed to originally and nothing in /data/media/safestrap doesn't exist but glad you got it sorted.
Verizon Galaxy S4 w/ Safestrap Recovery v3.72 & ★[ROM][JULY 4] Hyperdrive RLS17.1 KitKat `._ ║Hyperdrive Tweaks ║ Ultimate Customization ║ On-the-Fly Theming ★ w/ NC2 Bootloader -On Stock Side!...

Gear w/ Tizen NE9-Rooted

Asus Transformer TF300T : ★★★[TF300 KitKat 4.4.4][CROMBi-kk][F2FS | DATA2SD | ROM2SD | CM11 ][JULY 16]★★★

mshawn3
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Partition

Not sure I'm posting in the right spot, but here goes. When I am in link2sd it shows SD card 2nd part not found, and it has at least 7 gb on it. The phone shows 9.72GB total & 8.27GB used,1.45GB free.... SD card (storage emulated) 9.70GB total and 8.27GB used, 1.43GB free. Kinda odd the internal and external are so close in used and free space.I installed SS and in the process it creates partitions. I didn't see any diff in the ROM I installed at the same time that was preloaded in the SS install. So I deleted the ROM but left SS hoping more ROM options will come later down the line. Then I find out I'm almost out of storage cause I get a warning in the notification bar and discover this huge empty space on my SD card. How do I unpartition the ext sd card or at least get access to all the unused space.
THANKS
Michael S

buhohitr
Old
Thanks Meter 1486
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshawn3 View Post
Not sure I'm posting in the right spot, but here goes. When I am in link2sd it shows SD card 2nd part not found, and it has at least 7 gb on it. The phone shows 9.72GB total & 8.27GB used,1.45GB free.... SD card (storage emulated) 9.70GB total and 8.27GB used, 1.43GB free. Kinda odd the internal and external are so close in used and free space.I installed SS and in the process it creates partitions. I didn't see any diff in the ROM I installed at the same time that was preloaded in the SS install. So I deleted the ROM but left SS hoping more ROM options will come later down the line. Then I find out I'm almost out of storage cause I get a warning in the notification bar and discover this huge empty space on my SD card. How do I unpartition the ext sd card or at least get access to all the unused space.
THANKS
Michael S
If link2sd can't see the partition on the external sdcard, then possible the parition is corrupted. I would take the card out and use Gparted on your PC to fix the 2nd partion by deleted it then recreate with ext4.