Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,629 Members 41,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Eaget WiFi Storage

Tip us?

Squire-au
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Eaget WiFi Storage

I thought I'd found the perfect accessory for the Nexus 7-2, a WiFi hard drive adaptor. Something that can stream video via wifi from a hard drive or USB stick.
The Eaget air disk A60 looked perfect, about $70, an internal battery, can handle hard drives, SD cards or USB sticks, and has a wireless b-g-n access point.
All good in theory. After wading through the Chinglish manual, which was almost no help, attempting to get an app from the play store that isn't there, using Google translate on their Chinese forum, I managed to find the apk to run it.
Setting up wasn't easy either, as I had to access the device's internal webpage... which was in Chinese. Finding the switch to make it English wasn't easy.

Anyways.. the idea seems good, but I cannot get my Nexus to access the device due to continuous password errors. I've attempted to change the password but that doesn't help.

If anyone has any experience whatsoever with this device, or anything similar from Eaget, I'd love to hear from you. I'm waiting for Eaget to return my email.

If I get it going, I'll also let you know how I did it. Save someone a world of pain.

Squire-au
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I've managed to get it working. I connect the Nexus to the airdisk's wifi server, then use ES file explorer's LAN tab and find it as a server, then login as admin - with the password I gave it when I logged into its webserver. I can also connect it to my home wifi system, and access it from everything on my network, sort of like a NAS. Anyways, seems there's not a whole lot of interest, so I'll leave this topic for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Squire-au For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

morbeious
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire-au View Post
I've managed to get it working. I connect the Nexus to the airdisk's wifi server, then use ES file explorer's LAN tab and find it as a server, then login as admin - with the password I gave it when I logged into its webserver. I can also connect it to my home wifi system, and access it from everything on my network, sort of like a NAS. Anyways, seems there's not a whole lot of interest, so I'll leave this topic for now.
Well the device sounds interesting.. I was about to purchase the Seagate solution for $300m, this may save me some money..

Squire-au
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
It's a pretty cool device. Handles my WD portable hard drives no problem. But the apk (air HDD) if you can find it is crap... I was lucky that ES file explorer found the airdisk as a fileserver. It doesn't have much range on its wifi. All I want to do is use it as a video server when I go camping, removing all the painful USB-OTG cabling and USB power that needs to be connected to attach a HDD to the Nexus. There is a windows app that can be useful, for locating the airdisk when it's connected into your network. That exe took a bit of finding, I'll put it on dropbox sometime and post the link, if you want. If there's anything else you'd like from me let me know.

PW
The Following User Says Thank You to Squire-au For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chiggy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unknown app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squire-au View Post
It's a pretty cool device. Handles my WD portable hard drives no problem. But the apk (air HDD) if you can find it is crap... I was lucky that ES file explorer found the airdisk as a fileserver. It doesn't have much range on its wifi. All I want to do is use it as a video server when I go camping, removing all the painful USB-OTG cabling and USB power that needs to be connected to attach a HDD to the Nexus. There is a windows app that can be useful, for locating the airdisk when it's connected into your network. That exe took a bit of finding, I'll put it on dropbox sometime and post the link, if you want. If there's anything else you'd like from me let me know.

PW
Hi there
I'd love to try the App you think would help access the airdisk.
Please let me know what it is.
Cheers
Chris:

Squire-au
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Hey. Thought this thread was dead! Anyways, I found the apps, put them on dropbox. The links are https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...D_V1.0.1.6.exe for the windows program to locate the airdisk when it's connected to your wifi network, and https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...DD_V1.3.28.apk for the apk. Which didn't work for me, I ended up using ES file server and finding it as a LAN server. This requires either having the airdisk connected into your wifi system, or connecting directly to it via wifi. I think the airdisk's default WEP key is 111111, its default IP address is 10.10.10.1. The server address was 10.10.10.254 and username admin. Whatever password you set up.
Hope this helps!