5,600,612 Members 33,519 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Developer Bounty: 4.4 GPE Rom

Tip us?

MSmithXDA
Old
(Last edited by MSmithXDA; 12th February 2014 at 08:04 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Lightbulb Developer Bounty: 4.4 GPE Rom

WE HAVE A WINNER! CONGRATULATIONS ZARBOZ!

4.4 GPE Rom Bounty

Challenge: Bounty to the first developer able to port the GPE HTC One 4.4 rom (being released shortly) to the Droid DNA, for both Verizon and GSM and make them stable (all functions of GPE rom working as expected...no major crashing, daily-driver worthy etc). There's at least 1 developer looking to take on the challenge. First to succeed wins.

Why?: Unfortunately NewToRoot, original GPE Rom developer, had to stop development of the rom (best of luck NewToRoot), so we need another dev to pick it up

Contributors (Heroes):
hipsh0t: $10
jamiethemorris: $50
seeingwhite: $5
geno7: $10
tatumjef: $5
Jaggar345: $5
bgriffiths: $20
t1gartist: $10
famouscollin: $10
Jauk: $5
Rain59rus: $15
Cremacious: $15
swest6602: $20
djelement1: $20
paulxpaul: $10
hobby31: $40
MSmithXDA: $20
takota6: $10
_________
Total: $280

GOAL: $500

HOW BOUNTY IS DECIDED AND AWARDED: A developer can release his/her/their rom at any point in time (even before they feel it is complete...just like in most rom development processes). It will not be voted on right away, so there is no risk to this. This will allow the developer to get testing feedback and make adjustments. They should start a new thread for their rom just as any new rom development would. It is recommended that they make a post in this thread mentioning the release and provide a link to the thread, so that everyone is aware and can test. Once a developer feels his/her rom has met the requirements and could possibly win (or 3 or more pledgees feel so), he/she/they should make a post in this thread saying so (a developer has 48 hours to override a nomination by pledgees by PM'ing me or replying to this thread, if they want to delay the vote). At that point, all pledgees will be asked to vote if they feel the bounty should be awarded (pledgees will be notified of a voting via private message and a post with their username mentioned). Pledgees can vote by responding in this thread or by private messaging me if they would like to keep their vote private. If after 1 week (168 hours), 75% or more of the pledgees that voted say the developer was successful, the bounty will be awarded and ALL pledgees (even those who voted "no" or those who didn't vote at all) should submit payment via paypal to the address the developer provides (or privately arrange a different form of payment with the developer). To get a vote, you have to pledge, so it's just another reason to contribute. Any pledgee that voted no will be asked for feedback as to why and this will be submitted to the developer. If the rom didn't win and the bounty is still open, the developer can make adjustments and resubmit (and again it won't come up for a vote until the developer requests it or he gets nominated by 3 pledgees).

NOTE: If more than 1 rom is up for voting at the time, all roms will be allowed their full week of voting before a winner is decided. Pledgees may vote for any rom in contention at this time (even if the rom's 1 week has passed). Pledgees may change their vote at any time during this period and may vote yes for more than 1 rom. If more than 1 rom has 75% or more of the votes, then the winner will be determined by highest number of "yes" votes. If there is a tie it will be determined by highest % of "yes" votes (of the roms that tied). If there is still a tie, there will be a run off vote where pledgees must vote for which rom (from the tie) they believe should get the bounty, and the rom with the most votes will win. Finally if there is a tie in that, then the roms that tie will split the bounty.

PITCH:
Come on people...Whatever you got $5, $10, $20, $30, $50. No amount is too small (unless it's under $5...that's too small ) It's a great way to award developers and help contribute to the community.

HOW:
Just reply to this thread to the amount you are willing to contribute if a developer can pull this off. You don't pay now...only if they succeed.

Thanks to all contributors and developers up for taking on the challenge!

DISCLAIMER: All contributors are responsible for their own pledges. If anyone fails to pay or backs out or can't be found, I'm not responsible. Also I am not responsible for any damage that may occur to a phone during this process, nor can I be held liable for any liability, harm, injustice, damage, claim. etc, that may occur in this process. If you install one of the roms, consider your warranty void and I am not responsible for any damage that may occur as a result. You are doing this at your own risk. Additionally, the $500 goal is just a goal, nothing more. The only potential reward in the end is what's pledged, be it higher or smaller than the goal. Finally, these terms may be clarified from time to time by me to remove confusion and address situations that haven't yet been addressed, so it is recommended to review these on a frequent basis and PM me if you have any objections or questions.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MSmithXDA For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jauk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'll pledge $5 - would love to get a stable 4.4 build!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jauk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MSmithXDA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauk View Post
I'll pledge $5 - would love to get a stable 4.4 build!
Thanks Jauk! That puts us at the $200 milestone!!!

Albinoman
Old
Thanks Meter 892

DONATE TO ME
I'll do it. I always like a challenge. Is it released yet?
If you like my work please donate! Logcat or it didn't happen- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1726238
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Albinoman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

2010gt
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albinoman View Post
Still waiting for the Google Play Edition HTC One to receive the update to 4.4. Once that is released, we'll have something to work off of. HTC/Google said on the 31st it would be within 15 days.. which would mean in the next two if that milestone is to be believed:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/31/h...ndroid-kitkat/

famouscollin
Old
Thanks Meter 202
I got 10$ on it lets see what you devs can do..

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
I always thank those that help me, please do the same

Phone:S-off HTC DNA
Rom: ViPEr DNA
Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Latest radios and firmware
The Following User Says Thank You to famouscollin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Old
Thanks Meter 2
This right here is one miniscule reason why I will always appreciate Android so much more than iOS.
The Following User Says Thank You to 295566 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nitsuj17
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 16690

DONATE TO ME
just for clarification sake, you guys might want to clarify what qualifies a rom as "stable" for the sake of the bounty

ie, what features *must* be working to be considered stable? bt, data, calls, messaging, and so on

because otherwise what might be considered stable to one person, might not be to another and you could have a messy issue with a dev trying to collect the bounty with some of those pledging not considering their release to be stable
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nitsuj17 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MSmithXDA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by famouscollin View Post
I got 10$ on it lets see what you devs can do..

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
Thanks @famouscollin ! Updated the original post with your pledge.

MSmithXDA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albinoman View Post
NICE!!!