Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,884 Members 52,491 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][1/31/2012]KFHD Extended Settings

Tip us?

0xD34D
Old
(Last edited by 0xD34D; 31st January 2013 at 08:20 PM.) Reason: Updated application to include shortcuts
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,044

DONATE TO ME
Angry [APP][1/31/2012]KFHD Extended Settings

Kindle Fire HD xSettings

I recently discovered how to easily disable ads on the stock lockscreen on a Kindle Fire HD 7" and since the procedure was a bit complicated I decided to create a simple app that others can use to achieve this. I had also discovered a few other things that could be changed and decided to incorporate those as well. What started out as a basic app is evolving into a more extensive settings application for the Kindle Fire gang.

First and foremost, several of the features require root access so you must have root to really benefit from this app. The other thing you will need is the app itself which you can find at http://goo.im/devs/0xD34D/kfhd/KFHD_xSettings.apk

To install the app you will need to either move it to your SD card and then using a file explorer, such as ES File Explorer, select it and choose install. If you are familiar with ADB then you can always use adb install to install it as well.

Quote:
FEATURES

LOCKSCREEN
  • Disable lockscreen ads - Get rid of those pesky lockscreen advertismenets
UI
  • Window animation scale - Adjust the duration of animations when application windows open and close
  • Transition animation scale - Adjust the duration of transition animations
MISCELLANEOUS
  • Stay awake - Screen will never sleep while charging
  • Battery info - Display extra battery info in Device settings
  • Developer options - Enable the developer options in Device settings
  • Text to speech settings - Choose your TTS engine and adjust the settings for it
SHORTCUTS
  • Power usage - AOSP style power usage with per process statistics
  • AOSP style settings - The standard AOSP style settings instead of Amazon's style
  • Wi-Fi information - Extra wifi settings and information not available to normal users
  • Usage statistics - Application usage statistics such as # of times launched and time used
  • Accessibility settings - Accessibility settings that are available on the 8.9" but not the 7"
  • Choose lockscreen type - Choose between none, slide, pattern, PIN, and password security lockscreen
  • Launcher debug mode - Advanced settings which control various aspects of the Amazon Kindle Fire launcher application
  • AOSP Camera app - Launches the standard AOSP camera application instead of Amazon's camera app
As I find more things that can be changed that the stock firmware does not allow, I'll update this app with those settings.
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to 0xD34D For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

0xD34D
Old
(Last edited by 0xD34D; 31st January 2013 at 08:19 PM.) Reason: Updated screenshots to reflect new UI theme
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,044

DONATE TO ME
Screenshots
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 0xD34D For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

0xD34D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,044

DONATE TO ME
** this space reserved just in case I need it **
The Following User Says Thank You to 0xD34D For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

persano
Old
(Last edited by persano; 29th January 2013 at 11:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0xD34D View Post

Kindle Fire HD xSettings

I recently discovered how to easily disable ads on the stock lockscreen on a Kindle Fire HD 7" and since the procedure was a bit complicated I decided to create a simple app that others can use to achieve this. I had also discovered a few other things that could be changed and decided to incorporate those as well. What started out as a basic app is evolving into a more extensive settings application for the Kindle Fire gang.

First and foremost, several of the features require root access so you must have root to really benefit from this app. The other thing you will need is the app itself which you can find at http://goo.im/devs/0xD34D/kfhd/KFHD_xSettings.apk

To install the app you will need to either move it to your SD card and then using a file explorer, such as ES File Explorer, select it and choose install. If you are familiar with ADB then you can always use adb install to install it as well.

As I find more things that can be changed that the stock firmware does not allow, I'll update this app with those settings.
you are an exellent developer.

fix the battery and developer option

fixed, was super usuary permission

0xD34D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,044

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by persano View Post
you are an exellent developer.

fix the battery and developer option

fixed, was super usuary permission
Yeah, for the most part, anything that says "**REQUIRES REBOOT**" also requires root access since it modifies an entry in the secure table of the settings database.

lacoursiere18
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4,236

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [APP]KFHD Extended Settings

Very nice man! I'm enjoying the new settings and the animations are pretty cool keep up the good work!! :thumbup:

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

Hit "Thanks" if I helped you

BELASCO
Old
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [APP]KFHD Extended Settings

Is there a way through your deft manipulations to enable a choice of default text-to-speech engines?

0xD34D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,044

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacoursiere18 View Post
Very nice man! I'm enjoying the new settings and the animations are pretty cool keep up the good work!! :thumbup:

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app
Thanks. The animations were always there but the UI settings give you the control of their duration. I tend to set mine to off so that there is minimal delay.

0xD34D
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,044

DONATE TO ME
Default New update

I just updated the app with a new tab containing shortcuts to various settings and apps that are not accessible through normal usage. See the OP for a list of these new features and the second post for more screenshots which show what you now have access to.

Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to 0xD34D For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BELASCO
Old
Thanks Meter 84

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [APP][1/30/2012]KFHD Extended Settings

Nicely done.