Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 51,840 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] uninstall cyanogenmod 11

Tip us?

ssach30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Phone [q] uninstall cyanogenmod 11

HOW DO I UNINSTALL CYANOGENMOD FROM MY SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND AND BRING BACK MY STOCK VERSION 4.4.2

PLZZZ HELP ME

iceyhotguy
Old
Thanks Meter 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssach30 View Post
HOW DO I UNINSTALL CYANOGENMOD FROM MY SAMSUNG GALAXY GRAND AND BRING BACK MY STOCK VERSION 4.4.2

PLZZZ HELP ME
Ok first of all, there is no "Stock version 4.4.2".
You can revert back to stock 4.2.2 by either flashing your 4.2.2 firmware through Odin or by flashing a stock based ROM through recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to iceyhotguy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raghavsharmaxda
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Quote:

PLZZZ HELP ME
1st thing..
cyanogenmod is not a theme..its a rom..it means its whole system..when you flash it.....u remove every single samsung stock touchwiz system files and replace with cyanogenmod(aosp based rom) files....so its not an app that u uninstall after u get bored and u ll get samsung stock touchwiz....
secondly........galaxy grand has been provided 4.2.2 only till date via samsung official roms....so it uses jellybean 4.2.2 drivers and files and everything.....while on other hand, cm11 uses kitkat files and everything in system.....what i want to say is that there is nooo stock samsung 4.4.2 (kitkat)...there is only jellybean available till now by samsung official.........now if u don't want kitkat(cm11/carbon/slimkat),and u want stock Samsung, then simply flash its firmware via odin...i can give u link to download whole firmware of 4.2.2.....if u want......

but if u want latest kitkat Lib's and everything with game bugs fixes...i suggest u stay with cm11...(though. u ll have only one sim in cm based roms, and normal nexus things and features)......
if u thinking cm11 is theme or something then u are wrong...
when u flashed it,u deleted touchwiz Samsung stock things completely and installed cm11 things instead of that)....u can ask any qsn u want to..i ll help..though u should Google first to know what is flashing and how to flash via odin for stock OEMs ..
u can ask still anything if u want...

hope i helped
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raghavsharmaxda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ssach30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks a lot for that knowledge and plz give me the links for the stock firmware........thanks a lot it really helped...

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iceyhotguy
Old
Thanks Meter 715
Quote:
Thanks a lot for that knowledge and plz give me the links for the stock firmware........thanks a lot it really helped...

Firmwares can be found here : http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-I9082
And here : http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/?model=GT-I9082
And there are a few threads in General Section made by other member for few recent as well as older INU/INS firmwares

The latest 4.2.2 for our device released in November 2013 are I9082XXUBMK3 and I9082XXUBMK7 but you may want to look for your region specific firmware
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iceyhotguy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ssach30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks a lot :thumbup:

black87
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Thanks a lot :thumbup:

Press their thanks button too :P

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thanks me if my post USEFUL
The Following User Says Thank You to black87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ssach30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I have one more question can you please explain me that what is terminal emulator and his can I operate it??

black87
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
I have one more question can you please explain me that what is terminal emulator and his can I operate it??

Terminal Emulator in tool to run linux commands in android, Just like Terminal in Linux

Thanks me if my post USEFUL
The Following User Says Thank You to black87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ssach30
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Which commonds??can you please explain in brief?