FORUMS

Droid Turbo Lollipop OTA, 2015 Moto G Leaked – XDA TV

Android Lollipop for the Droid Turbo has been released. That and much more … more

EVLeaks Shows Off Possible BlackBerry Android Phone

It wasn’t too long ago that we received reports of BlackBerry planning to use … more

Mysterious GG1 Google Device Stops by FCC. Glass v2?

As the year progresses, we draw further away from Google’s annual I/O … more

Material and Material Dark Hit Samsung’s Theme Store

The latest version of Touchwiz, launched alongside the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge, … more

Move everything to external

85 posts
Thanks Meter: 13
 
By pritmorakhiya7, Member on 22nd March 2014, 08:10 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
i want all apps to use sd card for all there data....like whatsapp makes whatsapp folder in internal storage....i don't want that...any solutions?

Sent from my Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app
 
 
22nd March 2014, 09:02 AM |#2  
thepain20's Avatar
Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
1. Root your Phone
2. Install Folder Mount(Root) from Play Store
3. Select the app you want to move.
22nd March 2014, 09:09 AM |#3  
Kishan14's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 464
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepain20

1. Root your Phone
2. Install Folder Mount(Root) from Play Store
3. Select the app you want to move.

Bt bro can't move media files i guess... I mean the media (images videos etc) which we receive will go to internal memory only.. U tried moving media??

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
22nd March 2014, 09:12 AM |#4  
jackeagle's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag XDA
Thanks Meter: 3,678
 
Donate to Me
More
I don't think so that u can move the what's app folder to external better u back up and then transfer files to ext. .

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd March 2014, 09:13 AM |#5  
thepain20's Avatar
Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishan14

Bt bro can't move media files i guess... I mean the media (images videos etc) which we receive will go to internal memory only.. U tried moving media??

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

You mean media files you receive from Bluetooth etc???
22nd March 2014, 09:18 AM |#6  
Kishan14's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 464
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepain20

You mean media files you receive from Bluetooth etc???

Na naaa... I was talking about WhatsApp.... You can move database via foldermount... Bt its not possible to move media files (in WhatsApp folder) to ext sd via foldermount..

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
22nd March 2014, 09:22 AM |#7  
thepain20's Avatar
Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishan14

Na naaa... I was talking about WhatsApp.... You can move database via foldermount... Bt its not possible to move media files (in WhatsApp folder) to ext sd via foldermount..

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Never tried that but i guess 4 GB is sufficient space to have some files on internal device memory.
22nd March 2014, 09:23 AM |#8  
Kishan14's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 464
 
More
Lol yea:P

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
22nd March 2014, 11:17 AM |#9  
freedom1973's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepain20

Never tried that but i guess 4 GB is sufficient space to have some files on internal device memory.

Lol... 4 GB is hardly anything... I have only 1 GB left even after frequently moving Whatsapp media to external storage. Whatsapp sucks!!!
I don't know why Whatsapp ppl cant modify the app so that media is directly stored on external storage.

Before Grand, I had Karbonn A1+ with only about 210 MB internal storage. Whatsapp media used to directly download on external storage!!! I didn't even root Karbonn A1+ ...
22nd March 2014, 11:49 AM |#10  
thepain20's Avatar
Member
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom1973

Lol... 4 GB is hardly anything... I have only 1 GB left even after frequently moving Whatsapp media to external storage. Whatsapp sucks!!!
I don't know why Whatsapp ppl cant modify the app so that media is directly stored on external storage.

Before Grand, I had Karbonn A1+ with only about 210 MB internal storage. Whatsapp media used to directly download on external storage!!! I didn't even root Karbonn A1+ ...

How do I move WhatsApp to the microSD card?

Moving WhatsApp to your memory card (microSD card) is not possible at this time.

We are working on improving our application size and memory utilization. There are technical hurdles that do not allow us to move our application to the microSD card at this time. In the meantime, we recommend that you help make room for WhatsApp by moving as many other applications and media files as you can, to your microSD card.

Cheers,
WhatsApp Support Team
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank