Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Music players crash entire phone with large sd card library?

OP BableMan

14th February 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #1  
BableMan's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Perched at the peak of a bell curve
Thanks Meter: 32
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Stock unrooted tmobile -- 64gb Sandisk Ultra

I loaded around 50gb of music on my sd card but now my main music apps crash and more than once an hour cause the phone to reboot. Tried incrementally loading after a SD card reformat and everything went haywire around 30gb. This should be able to handle the whole library, right?

Stock
PlayerPro
WinAmp

Update
Now Wicked Rooted, great rom but didn't fix this issue
Last edited by BableMan; 19th May 2014 at 08:09 PM.
21st February 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #2  
BableMan's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Perched at the peak of a bell curve
Thanks Meter: 32
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Bumping since it still happens, anyone else dealt with this?
18th May 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #3  
BableMan's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Perched at the peak of a bell curve
Thanks Meter: 32
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
No answers for an SD packrat?
18th May 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #4  
MystaMagoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
1,059 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BableMan

No answers for an SD packrat?

have you checked the card to make sure it's a fully legit 64GB?
http://www.heise.de/download/8d06306...50-223582.html
The Following User Says Thank You to MystaMagoo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #5  
B3311's Avatar
Senior Member
Gelderd End, 1974
Thanks Meter: 627
 
1,664 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Same card here, formatted to exFat, 49 GB of music, never had a problem. I use PlayerPro, and used the same card with PowerAmp on my Note 2.

A PITA I know, but tried a reformat?
The Following User Says Thank You to B3311 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th May 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #6  
ShadowLea's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,012
 
4,045 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
51GB on a 64GB Sandisk, using N7player. No issues.
19th May 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #7  
BableMan's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Perched at the peak of a bell curve
Thanks Meter: 32
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystaMagoo

have you checked the card to make sure it's a fully legit 64GB?
http://www.heise.de/download/8d06306...50-223582.html

It's totally legit, checked it with another tool and also received it through a Sandisk promotional gig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3311

Same card here, formatted to exFat, 49 GB of music, never had a problem. I use PlayerPro, and used the same card with PowerAmp on my Note 2.

A PITA I know, but tried a reformat?

Each time I reformat it works like a charm until I hit around 30gb of music then the apps crash when scrolling through lists or shuffling the entire library. That's why I was worried it was a kink with the phone itself, managing long lists seems to be what sets it off...
20th May 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #8  
paul_59's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
350 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BableMan

It's totally legit, checked it with another tool and also received it through a Sandisk promotional gig.



Each time I reformat it works like a charm until I hit around 30gb of music then the apps crash when scrolling through lists or shuffling the entire library. That's why I was worried it was a kink with the phone itself, managing long lists seems to be what sets it off...

Are you reformatting as exFAT ?

Also could be worth reading this

https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/sdx...ies/using_sdxc

Also perhaps try reformatting with this app

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by paul_59; 20th May 2014 at 01:04 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to paul_59 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 04:41 AM   |  #9  
BableMan's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Perched at the peak of a bell curve
Thanks Meter: 32
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_59

Are you reformatting as exFAT ?

Also could be worth reading this

https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/sdx...ies/using_sdxc

Also perhaps try reformatting with this app

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

That fixed it! I'd tried multiple reformattings on a few systems but formatting with that did the trick. You sir are top notch people.
21st May 2014, 07:54 AM   |  #10  
MystaMagoo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
1,059 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BableMan

That fixed it! I'd tried multiple reformattings on a few systems but formatting with that did the trick. You sir are top notch people.



also worth noting android is trying to shunt us towards more cloud based storage than sdcards..............

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
note 3, pandas, sd card
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes