// Android 4.2.2
// Current Version [ 4.2.14 ]
// All Languages

pow86.jpg

1180diw.jpg
2eqf7y9.jpg

MIUI ROM 4.2.14 Full Changelog
[Home screen]
New - New Edit Home screen interface (2-12)
New - View the notificiation shade by swiping down anywhere on the Home screen (2-12)
Optimization - Previewing Home screens uses less system memory (2-12)
Fix - When user created a shortcut without a name, FC would occur (2-12)

[Phone]
Fix - Sometimes the switch for auto IP identification would display incorrectly (2-11)

[Gallery]
New - Album thumbnails of screen shots will be detected automatically (2-10)
Fix - User could not delete albums that they had shared with themselves (2-10)
Fix - When Wi-Fi was disabled, photo downloads would be canceled (2-10)
Fix - User could not copy photos to shared albums (2-10)
Fix - When user rotated phone photo would not maintain its scale or position (2-10)

MIUIv5 4.2.14 Download
2-19-2014: MIUI v5 4.2.14
Working:
- Everything probably

MIUI General FAQ

Q: How do I root this?
A: Enable root in the perm manager, which can be found in the security folder.

Q: Why is G-Apps not listed for Download?
A: Too Bloaty, add a Google account and install the play store as an APK, I suggest using Aptoide to find it.

Q: 4G LTE isn't working
A: Load the Phone, dial *#*#4636#*#*, goto Phone information, Set preferred network type to LTE/CDMA auto (PRL).

Q: Help! Phone/SystemUI/Keyboard Isn't working/Is Force Closing!
A: Make sure to do a completely clean wipe, also I'm not sure how well this will work if flashed in CWM.

Q: The Browser looks terrible.
A: Settings -> Advanced -> User agent string -> MiOne (It Renders much better & more naturally!)

Q: My Filesystems won't mount/My PC can't see my device/My phone won't act as a MTP/USB Mounting isn't working!
A: Settings -> Developer Options -> Enable Development / USB Debugging (switch both to on)

Last edited:
T

Tquetski

Misc Notes

First release! Fate be kind.

Last edited:

FrankieDedo

Dec 26, 2010
Lucca
Misc Notes

Hi, nice to meet you all; I'm Tquetski over at en.miui

I've begun to fork MIUI to the entire motorola device tree, this will be pending for the next day or two while I source build for many devices.

This will be a weekly thing.
Let's hope this will put a little more life in this unlucky device... Thank you so much for your effort!

T

Tquetski

Let's hope this will put a little more life in this unlucky device... Thank you so much for your effort!

Once this is stable I'll bring other interesting ROMs to this phone, I'm not a general porter and do not care about derivitives of CyanogenMod; I like things like BaiduRom, ColorOS, MIUI.

michalakis

Jun 25, 2006
Hi Tquetski,

thanks its really nice to see miui for the Droid 3 (I tried to port miui myself with the 2.3.6 stock rom as base but i failed)

This port is based on Hascodes cm 10.1, so no camera and flashlight will ever work.

Personally, I think it would be better to use the stock 2.3.6 rom ase base with the patchrom method (better performance + camera)
I hope you'll prove me wrong ! if you need a beta tester i'm your man.

Here is a small overview of my test (clean first slot, testet with and without gapps, no build.prop tweaks):

1. The Overall performance with installed gapps, compared to cm 10.1 is slow and laggy after you open some apps.
Withoud pre installed gapps the phone works fast.
If you run autoupdates from the market in the backgrout, the phone will be so slow you cant use it anymore (pre installed gapps, Ram ?)

2. Audio dosent work (no mic no sound Speaker/Headset)

3. Calls and data works with GSM SIM in Germany, but audio dosent work.

4. If you enable wifi, GSM disconects and you must wait some time for the reconect, after that GSM still disconnects happen randomly. (much better without pre installed gapps)

5. No softkeybord out of the box ? (clean install and wipe)

6. The lockscreen is very laggy. (same with and withoud gapps)

7. My system language is german but still most of the system is in english.

8. Google Voice Search doesn't work (blackscrean then it goes back to home screen, pre installed gapps, Ram ?)

9. I installed maps to test GPS maps dosent work phone freezing/reboots. (pre installed gapps, Ram ?)

10. Bluetooth dosent works.

11. USB works.

11. In the menu General settings -> Stock settings are not changeable ?

12. After boot error : unfortunately, the process com.androids.phone has stop (wipe and reboot error disappears)

Last edited:
T

Tquetski

Hi Tquetski,

thanks its really nice to see miui for the Droid 3 (I tried to port miui myself with the 2.3.6 stock rom as base but i failed)

This port is based on Hascodes cm 10.1, so no camera and flashlight will ever work.

Personally, I think it would be better to use the stock 2.3.6 rom ase base with the patchrom method (better performance + camera)

Here is a small overview of my test (clean first slot, testet with and without gapps, no build.prop tweaks):

1. The Overall performance with installed gapps, compared to cm 10.1 is slow and laggy after you open some apps.
If you run autoupdates from the market in the backgrout, the phone will be so slow you cant use it anymore (pre installed gapps, Ram ?)

4. If you enable wifi, GSM disconects and you must wait some time for the reconect, after that GSM still disconnects happen randomly. (much better without pre installed gapps)

8. Google Voice Search doesn't work (blackscrean then it goes back to home screen, pre installed gapps, Ram ?)

9. I installed maps to test GPS maps dosent work phone freezing/reboots. (pre installed gapps, Ram ?)

11. USB works.

12. After boot error : unfortunately, the process com.androids.phone has stop (wipe and reboot error disappears)

I used a source built CM10.1 that was recently made (like the day this rom was released), I don't have any pre-installed G-apps but RAM seems to be an issue; I'll trim this down and scope out the listed issues.

Also most of the translations just suck, that's not an error they improve with versionups as MIUI reaches more places

T

Tquetski

Hi Tquetski,

RAM issue

CM inherent issue?

^

^ I don't pre-install G-apps, I use the installer from the market after I install MIUI

^ I didn't include them but can

^ Old phone, new OS

^ Bad translation, most are still a WIP from devs

^ Assign your Google account BEFORE installing

^

^ CM inherent prolly

11. USB works.

^ The Stock settings are for my phone :D

^ Seems RIL related, no idea on this.

T

Tquetski

I can do GB based MIUI but that's not a challenge anyone can swing it

jam0688

Jun 27, 2012
Arkansas
any chance that this has working service on verizon cdma? all the rest of the jellybean roms for the droid 3 do not so i was just curious. id love to be able to use this on my droid. since a lot of the links of roms have been discontinued or taken down, roms for this phone are kinded limited and its great to still see development.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
any chance that this has working service on verizon cdma? all the rest of the jellybean roms for the droid 3 do not so i was just curious. id love to be able to use this on my droid. since a lot of the links of roms have been discontinued or taken down, roms for this phone are kinded limited and its great to still see development.

all the other jellybean roms work on verizon

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

except the CM10.2

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: jam0688

jam0688

Jun 27, 2012
Arkansas
is there something specific that needs to be done then for cdma? because when i flash them using the instructions in safestrap it boots up and everything but there is no service on cdma and i dont have a global sim so i have no idea if gsm works or not?

Top Liked Posts