Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I get android 4.4 on blu studio 5.5

Tip us?

mdanielsii
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] How do I get android 4.4 on blu studio 5.5

I can not figure out how to upgrade to kit kit on my blu studio 5.5. I'm rooted already. Any help would be great thanks.

kvasir119
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdanielsii View Post
I can not figure out how to upgrade to kit kit on my blu studio 5.5. I'm rooted already. Any help would be great thanks.
Today I read on some post found on a g+ page that the studio, and some other Blu lines, are getting kitkat on May 1st, 2014. No ROMs anywhere around that I can find for this device, just sites that are scam sites trying to infect you. Was hoping CyanogenMod, aokp, or paranoid android would have a ROM available, but nope.

k2trf
Old
(Last edited by k2trf; 17th February 2014 at 11:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
I'm actually trying to build my own ROM for the Blu Studio 5.0S (my family all have the same phone now, and I previously had us on Concur One, but there's so much bloatware in there that isn't neccessary it's absurd -- these things have 1GB of RAM, and yet we have less than 1/3 of that to work with once the phone has been running for a few hours, not to mention that they dressed it up as 4.3.1 when it isn't..).

I've actually tried assembling 4.3.1_r1 manually from AOSP and loading the drivers in -- it causes a bootloop. As far as I can tell, nothing beyond 4.1.2 works on these devices thusfar (though I'd love to be proven wrong); all the ROMs that look like they're 4.2 or 4.3 aren't; they just edited the build.prop and other values so it reported being 4.3.1, and looked like it, but wasn't actually. Bit annoying actually.

I've not tried KitKat yet, as I can't seem to build it in any form, and I don't much like the idea of porting another ROM; I'd honestly rather maintain my own for my family based off the Karbonn S5 Stock ROM.

If Karbonn/BLU does come out with a KitKat stock though, I'd love to know that, and I'll likely be watching for it & will share it if I come across something working, would be awesome to build off that instead for my ROM.
Phone: BLU Studio 5.0S D570a | Pseudo-Stock 4.1.2 | Net10 (operating on AT&T)
Laptop: Acer Aspire 5733, Intel Core i3-380M @2.53GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM @1333MHz | Ubuntu 14.10
NAS: Dell Optiplex GX270, Intel Pentium 4 Single Core @3GHz, 2GB DDR2 RAM @667MHz | Ubuntu 14.10 | Dreams to replace with an Arduino & external HDD.

Have I helped you somehow? Please do not just reply to say thank you -- push the THANKS button!
Less unhelpful spam in my inbox that way!