Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,625 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP] LG Quickwindow for AOSP ROMs [ALPHA]

Tip us?

jermaine151
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,290

DONATE TO ME
Default [APP] LG Quickwindow for AOSP ROMs [ALPHA]

I wanted to have my Quick window case working with CM11 based roms so I went to work. I found Alex Burka's "Hall Monitor" app for the Galaxy S4 and figured that it would be a great starting point for our device. I ran into problems because the way Hall Monitor works is by receiving changes in the proximity sensor and then verifying that the Hall Effect sensor has changed states. On the LG G2, the window case doesn't trigger the proximity sensor when it closes and thus causes that method to fail. I decided to change it to use the light sensor instead and it seems to work pretty well. I also had to edit the app to point to the right place to check for the state of our hall sensor and the dimensions to match our window vs the S4's.

I haven't done extensive testing on this app yet but I figured there are a lot of others that want this feature and can help test it. I still need to modify the layout of the alarm snooze / dismiss buttons and the phone answer / hangup buttons, so you may want to hold off on using those features. The screenshot shows the torch feature enabled in the window and that seems to work.

Features:
  • Close case and the clock comes up for 10 seconds (adjustable) and then phone locks and sleeps.
  • Open case and the phone wakes and the lockscreen appears (I haven't gotten it to unlock it yet).
  • Background color picker
  • Clock text color picker
  • Torch button in window
  • Alarm dismiss / snooze (WIP)
  • Phone Answer / Decline (WIP)
  • Pick custom music widget (WIP)
  • Use your own widget for window instead of the default (WIP)

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES THAT YOU, OR THIS APP, CAUSE TO YOUR PHONE. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Screenshots:

Installation Instructions:
  1. Download the apk and install it like any other apk.
  2. Open the app and check the "Enable" checkbox and be sure to grant it the device administrator rights when prompted.
  3. Check the "Root Enable" box and grant it root permissions.
  4. Profit!

I tested this application with root so I don't know what issues you may run into if you don't grant it root. The device administrator permission is necessary for it to interact with the lock screen. This is my first attempt at modifying an Android application so be gentle.

Special thanks to Alex Burka for creating the Hall Monitor application and sharing his code!

Enjoy!!

Download: Hall Monitor 0.0.2a for G2
You can find me @jdlogan151
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to jermaine151 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jermaine151
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3,290

DONATE TO ME
It's setup for the default dpi of 480 but I will try to make a few versions for different dpi's, later.
You can find me @jdlogan151
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jermaine151 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Freshly_Snipes
Old
Thanks Meter 588

DONATE TO ME
Testing now. Thanks. Trying now. Will report what I find.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app
Current Devices: HTC ONE M8 (T-MOBILE), LG G-WATCH
Past Devices: LG G-FLEX, LG G2, Nexus 7 (2013) LTE Stock, Samsung Galaxy Tab 5.0, HTC G1, Galaxy S Vibrant, NEXUS 4, Nexus 7 (2012) WIFI, Huawei Ideos, Mytouch 4G, HTC Sensation 4G, Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi,

Leader and Founder of "Brothers In Root"
Subscribe to my Youtube "Fresh-Droid TV".
http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperElv...T?feature=mhee
The Following User Says Thank You to Freshly_Snipes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Freshly_Snipes
Old
Thanks Meter 588

DONATE TO ME
Works prefect. Great job. Thought my quick cover was going to be stuck in the drawer. Appreciate your time and effort.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Current Devices: HTC ONE M8 (T-MOBILE), LG G-WATCH
Past Devices: LG G-FLEX, LG G2, Nexus 7 (2013) LTE Stock, Samsung Galaxy Tab 5.0, HTC G1, Galaxy S Vibrant, NEXUS 4, Nexus 7 (2012) WIFI, Huawei Ideos, Mytouch 4G, HTC Sensation 4G, Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi,

Leader and Founder of "Brothers In Root"
Subscribe to my Youtube "Fresh-Droid TV".
http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperElv...T?feature=mhee

Scorbion
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Great job!! Thank you for doing this.

Atze001
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Testing with latest CM11

Features:
  • Close case and the clock comes up for 10 seconds (adjustable) and then phone locks and sleeps. WORKS
  • Open case and the phone wakes and the lockscreen appears (I haven't gotten it to unlock it yet). WORKS (I think this is not bad)
  • Background color picker WORKS
  • Clock text color picker WORKS
  • Torch button in window WORKS
  • Alarm dismiss / snooze (WIP) UNTESTED
  • Phone Answer / Decline (WIP) NOT WORKING
  • Pick custom music widget (WIP) NOT WORKING
  • Use your own widget for window instead of the default (WIP) NOT WORKING

rquinn19
Old
Thanks Meter 220
Not using this now, but maybe in the future at some point. Just went back to a LG rom because of the quick window. Thanks for your efforts

Irontreez
Old
(Last edited by Irontreez; 2nd January 2014 at 01:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I just tried with the 1/1/14 cm11 and not having any luck getting the clock to show. It does lock the screen but no clock. I can sometimes see the clock screen when I'm opening the case, but it disappears and goes to the normal cm lock screen. I did rollback to an older cm (12/12/13) and it works there. I can stay with the older cm but wondering if you had any ideas what might be causing the issue on the newer nightlies. This is the verizon g2.

Thanks for the hard work. This was what was keeping me from cm as well.

EDIT: Works with the 12/30 nightly

Irontreez
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Another 'issue/caveat'. The app does not appear to work correctly in the dark. Makes sense since its using the light sensor.

danny6514
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Houston's rom recently fixed the smart cover detection such that when I close the lid the screen turns off. Not sure if this helps but there might be hints to detecting it in his code?

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk
LG G2 - D803