Tip us?

nbos04
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default System Fan Error (0000,04,02) - HELP WTF

As above.

Not cool at all

How do I fix it, the computer starts (Vista side), then goes to the American Megatrends screen and says "System Fan Error, The system will shut down after 60 seconds" (in RED - uncool).

Nothing seems broken. It all seems OK. Nothing except the normal cracking of the fan exhaust that we all know about.

HELP!

Pantaloonie
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Sounds like it's telling you the internal fan has packed up.
Won't be too hard to find a replacement the correct size - or make a warranty claim.

nbos04
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantaloonie View Post
Sounds like it's telling you the internal fan has packed up.
Won't be too hard to find a replacement the correct size - or make a warranty claim.
OK. Except I am in PNG at the moment and will not be back to Australia until May (for 2 weeks only). HTC's not the most reliable for turn around

Hmmmm, not good at all.

I have sent a WTF to HTC also. We can see what happens.

yrehman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I had same problem, with windows 7. 4 days ago...
But i did manage to boot from vista...(F3)

nbos04
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Just tried to F3 the Vista side. No joy. I suppose that means the fan is right royally screwed!

If anyone has any other ideas, I'm willing to try anything once!

Cheers

yrehman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
take out the batteri. for some time...
i dont know what i did but severel on and off and i then could boot with f3.

It may be som bug in windows7, i dont know.u are using win7 wrright??

Vounce
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I usually get this problem once a month and my "solution" is to drop the shift about 1 meter above my bed so it lands softly. After five-ten drops it usually starts working again. Maybe the fan get's stuck or something, I dont know but it usually work

yrehman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My keyboard wasnt working when it happened (check this on wm side), if soo u cant press F3.

Sorry about my bad english, cant explain better.

nbos04
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default OK - Its working again - Next Problem

So, this morning, as a bit of a hope, I try the thing again.

AND IT WORKS

YAH

Must have got knocked in my bag and got "unstuck", which is great.

Next problem - I will be back in Australian for 2 weeks in about a week. Does anyone know the fan type and/or make so I can take it to a shop and get it fixed.

PS - Sent an email to HTC. The issue has been sent to a senior tech. I have told them it works and have requested the fan type/make and instructions for replacement (and explained my location situation). Lets see how that goes.

The thing is still technically in warranty, but I am not going to have enough time to send it to HTC, wait for them to look at it and then get it back. I am only going to be in Aust for 2 weeks, not 2 months (OK, that was a bit harsh - sorry HTC )

saiweb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbos04 View Post
So, this morning, as a bit of a hope, I try the thing again.

AND IT WORKS

YAH

Must have got knocked in my bag and got "unstuck", which is great.

Next problem - I will be back in Australian for 2 weeks in about a week. Does anyone know the fan type and/or make so I can take it to a shop and get it fixed.

PS - Sent an email to HTC. The issue has been sent to a senior tech. I have told them it works and have requested the fan type/make and instructions for replacement (and explained my location situation). Lets see how that goes.

The thing is still technically in warranty, but I am not going to have enough time to send it to HTC, wait for them to look at it and then get it back. I am only going to be in Aust for 2 weeks, not 2 months (OK, that was a bit harsh - sorry HTC )
Make sure that the environment is little bit cooler by making sure the temp is not greater than 70 to 75 Deg Farenheit. I have seen the system going down and not booting on WM side if the temp goes above 80.
--Ram--