Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

please replyyyy!!!

OP danyznd123

13th February 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #1  
danyznd123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 122
 
266 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
I have seen on gsmareana.com that the galaxy s4 mini GT-I9190 is upgradble to android 4.3 but there is no updates available on mine why??
And what are the new features of android 4.3?Does it have air gestures or smart scroll??
13th February 2014, 07:46 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
291 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyznd123

I have seen on gsmareana.com that the galaxy s4 mini GT-I9190 is upgradble to android 4.3 but there is no updates available on mine why??
And what are the new features of android 4.3?Does it have air gestures or smart scroll??

ROM/firmware update depends on your region. And if your phone is network provider dependent, it up to your network provider to release an OTA update.

Air gesture and smart scroll are something of the flagship feature, eg. S3/S4 but not the minis.
Last edited by TNCS; 13th February 2014 at 07:50 PM.
13th February 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #3  
danyznd123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 122
 
266 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCS

ROM/firmware update depends on your region. And if your phone is network provider dependent, it up to your network provider to release an OTA update.

Air gesture and smart scroll are something of the flagship feature, eg. S3/S4 but not the minis.

But the galaxy s4 mini have thr proximity sensor and front camera so there must be a smart screen!!
13th February 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
291 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyznd123

But the galaxy s4 mini have thr proximity sensor and front camera so there must be a smart screen!!

A sensor is just a sensor. All the feature you mention is software implementation, IMHO a useless one on top of it. Samsung has different software implementation for feature to differentiate various segment of phones. All this camera based feature are only available on the 1st tier phones, such as Note or S's. All this Samsung feature are mention on Samsung's own website... Alternatively there's GSM Arena. Check it before you buy the phones on the features you want.
14th February 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #5  
danyznd123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 122
 
266 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCS

A sensor is just a sensor. All the feature you mention is software implementation, IMHO a useless one on top of it. Samsung has different software implementation for feature to differentiate various segment of phones. All this camera based feature are only available on the 1st tier phones, such as Note or S's. All this Samsung feature are mention on Samsung's own website... Alternatively there's GSM Arena. Check it before you buy the phones on the features you want.

You know even if there a smart screen rarely we use it because it cause a battery drain ....
come on man! I am a senior developer don't think I am stupid but my experience on phone was on the galaxy ace plus see in my signature and I am new to the galaxy s4 mini and I am working on it
14th February 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
291 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyznd123

You know even if there a smart screen rarely we use it because it cause a battery drain ....
come on man! I am a senior developer don't think I am stupid but my experience on phone was on the galaxy ace plus see in my signature and I am new to the galaxy s4 mini and I am working on it

Hey man, cool, I didn't say anything beside the fact. They are all camera based feature, and beside the obvious battery drain, it also becomes useless in dark room as the camera won't see anything (since I use phone quit often before bed time). I got the S3 as well, it was cool like the first hour, but seriously, how often you see people around you waving their hand at their phone like some crazy person? It Samsung's marketing gimmick more than anything. Just like the name S4 'mini', instead of a flagship in smaller form, it a serious cut down. The only thing mini's resemblance to their big brother's are the exterior design. No more, no less.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes