Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Firefox OS Porting to Motorola G

Tip us?
 
coldSense
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default Firefox OS Porting to Motorola G

I and my friend are trying to port Firefox OS on Motorola G device. Because of our lack of experience in the field, we are stuck. Mozilla's documentation is not that helpful and we don't know at the moment how to continue.

What we did:
- created manifest xml for the device, based on unofficial cyanogenmod for Moto G.
- synced all sources
- added manually prebuilt kernel.
- tried to build everything but it doesn't build, of course, we don't know why.

The error seem to be:
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwpa_client_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libhardware_legacy_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coldSense For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Apph3x
Old
(Last edited by Apph3x; 17th February 2014 at 12:17 PM.) Reason: Mistake in URL ;)
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 31
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Worcs

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Welcome to the forums !

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldSense View Post
I and my friend are trying to port Firefox OS on Motorola G device. Because of our lack of experience in the field, we are stuck. Mozilla's documentation is not that helpful and we don't know at the moment how to continue.

What we did:
- created manifest xml for the device, based on unofficial cyanogenmod for Moto G.
- synced all sources
- added manually prebuilt kernel.
- tried to build everything but it doesn't build, of course, we don't know why.

The error seem to be:
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwpa_client_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libhardware_legacy_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.
Now I haven't been on these forums long but I'd like to say congrats on ur first post ! ;0 That error
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwpa_client_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libhardware_legacy_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.
means there is no target to build the path. I need more info. What compiler are you using. Or are you just using the command prompt?What's the custom kernel, you could try using CM #2 Unoffical However that'd only work if ur Moto G is currently running android with CWM (to flash the kernel when u build it) Can u link to the mozilla post, I didn't bookmark it and I can be bothered to google it Can u send me what you've done so far pls. Thanks
 
coldSense
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Or are you just using the command prompt?
Yes, I'm using terminal to compile everything. Actually a specialized script for that purpose. Environment versions are:
g++ - 4.6
gcc - 4.6

Actually I'm using this guide .

Yes, I use Clockwork but before that there is building problem. Anyway, the link for porting is this.

The kernel I got is from here.
The Following User Says Thank You to coldSense For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ares93
Old
#4  
ares93's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 335
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Stockholm
Admittedly, I know jack **** about android development, but I was under the impression that Firefox OS was based on an ICS kernel? I don't think the CM11 kernel works.
Moto G 8GB - Atrix 4G (RIP) - HTC HD2 (RIP/New unit ordered.)
 
feherneoh
Old
#5  
feherneoh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 959
Posts: 1,295
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldSense View Post
I and my friend are trying to port Firefox OS on Motorola G device. Because of our lack of experience in the field, we are stuck. Mozilla's documentation is not that helpful and we don't know at the moment how to continue.

What we did:
- created manifest xml for the device, based on unofficial cyanogenmod for Moto G.
- synced all sources
- added manually prebuilt kernel.
- tried to build everything but it doesn't build, of course, we don't know why.

The error seem to be:
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libwpa_client_intermediates/export_includes', needed by `out/target/product/xt1032/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libhardware_legacy_intermediates/import_includes'.  Stop.

I have no idea about this error, but this is what I always get when I try to build FFOS with CM9+ sources. 9 works, 10 does not. Can you compile a clean Android build with that version of CM?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ares93 View Post
Admittedly, I know jack **** about android development, but I was under the impression that Firefox OS was based on an ICS kernel? I don't think the CM11 kernel works.
Originally it was, but it should work with newer versions too

MyAudio 708DCC+
The last of my working devices


FoXperia on Facebook

If I helped you somehow, please hit 'Thanks'

NeoH-quotes:
"Is SUP an OS? I want to PORT it to HD2, so it will have SUPPORT."
" I want to steal tiestobunio's work. Oh, wait... It's not his."
"CotullaCode posted some screenshots of Windows 8 running on HD2. I will RT them."
"Compilers can produce warnings - make the compiler programmers happy: Use them!"

wAppStore

Current device: Sony Ericsson k750i (Lumia 520 bricked)
 
Apph3x
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 31
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Worcs

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldSense View Post
Yes, I'm using terminal to compile everything. Actually a specialized script for that purpose. Environment versions are:
g++ - 4.6
gcc - 4.6

Actually I'm using this guide .

Yes, I use Clockwork but before that there is building problem. Anyway, the link for porting is this.

The kernel I got is from here.

Never seen that error before. Know wat it means tho. Have u tried complieing with Xcode (mac) or another 3rd part app ?
 
coldSense
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apph3x View Post
Never seen that error before. Know wat it means tho. Have u tried complieing with Xcode (mac) or another 3rd part app ?
No. I don't have and don't use mac computers, at least for now. I did this in Linux. It seems that it just doesn't read kernel/ directory or just ignores it.
 
Apph3x
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 31
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Worcs

 
DONATE TO ME
Angry Yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldSense View Post
No. I don't have and don't use mac computers, at least for now. I did this in Linux. It seems that it just doesn't read kernel/ directory or just ignores it.
It's like its invisible....
Follow Me On Twitter
Fork Me On Github
[CENTER]My Phones :
My guides :
 
coldSense
Old
(Last edited by coldSense; 27th February 2014 at 05:03 PM.) Reason: Correction
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2014
I solved (apparently) that problem by modifying variable TARGET_KERNEL_SOURCE (device/motorola/msm8226-common/BoardConfigCommon.mk) to be absolute path but now I have another error

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `out/host/linux-x86/bin/acp', needed by `out/debug/host/linux-x86/bin/validatekeymaps'.  Stop.
 
pureexe
Old
(Last edited by pureexe; 1st March 2014 at 06:07 AM.)
#10  
pureexe's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 386
Posts: 453
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ratchaburi
@coldSense

Try this way please
Code:
rm -rf out
rm -rf objdir-gecko
./build.sh gecko
then run
Code:
./build.sh gaia
and copy file from <build_path>/gaia/profile/webapps to <build_path>/out/project/<device_name>/system/b2g/webapps

Then replace all file from out/target/<product>/system to /system of AOSP ROM

then edit ramdisk follow https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Firefox_OS/Porting

and flash boot.img and /system you were edit to your Motolola G

Try this way please

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes