Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,126 Members 42,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Where can i get nuance voice commands

Tip us?

jam van
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Where can i get nuance voice commands

I recently rooted and unlocked my Atrix 4g and flashed to cm7, when I did I lost Nuance voice commands. I would like to get it back cause I use a bluetooth headset on my motorcycle. Nuance voice commands echoes back where it's at.
most all the other voice dialers either don't work or you have to see the screen.

I tried to install voice.nuance.recover-v1.zip but found out it doesn't work for cm7.

Any suggestions?

Foo Bar
Old
(Last edited by Foo Bar; 5th January 2014 at 11:29 PM.) Reason: English correction (sorry I'm French)
Thanks Meter 3
Default Any solution ?

Hi Jam van,

Did you found a solution ? I also miss Nuance on my CM7 Atrix (CM10 at the moment, for test)

I'm still lokking for a Free application that allow offline dialing with aural confirmation and of course in French
I've tested the google build-in, offline, voice control software, but it'd useless !! It even unable to understand 'appeler Maman' ('Call mum') which is a basic instruction

I miss a lot the basic WM6 voice-tag-based application; sometimes I'm thinking on switching back to my old WM6 HTC Diamond.
MotoFAIL ATRIX 4G CM7.2 CM10.1
ASUS TF300T CM11

Full Details
:

MotoFAIL ATRIX 4G MB860 + 32GB SD Class 10 ePinter CM 10.1 krystianp Kernel; Waiting for Olympus CM10.xβ/Kernel 3β ( Kernel team for your hard work)
SONY Smartwatch 2 (Thx Santa )
ASUS TF300T 32GB + Dock CM 11 Nightly (Bootloader 4.2)
ARCHOS 5 Internet Tablet 64GB 2.0.45 pre-rooted + 16GB SD Class 10
Retired: HTC Touch Diamond WM6.1

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 494
try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1498604

Also, try this replacement to Nuance http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/01...p-for-android/

Foo Bar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05 View Post
I'm right now on the Alpha CM10 not sure VSuite vorking with Adnroid 4.x.
Secondly and main problem, it seems the proposed version is not working through BT (I was sure it was working on the original Motorla Firmware); and want voice dialing for my motorbike's BT helmet kit; so is need full BT support and auran confirmation because I can't look at the screen while riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmbeach05 View Post
Also, try this replacement to Nuance http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/01...p-for-android/
Dragon Go! has disepeared for Android, it has been replaced by Dragon Mobile Assistant; has for dragon Go!, it only work for english speaking people and I'm not convinced it's working Offline like the oroginal Nuance VSuite.

Thanks palmbeach for your 2 porpositions, I'm open to any other suggestion, because I miss that the feature alot.
MotoFAIL ATRIX 4G CM7.2 CM10.1
ASUS TF300T CM11

Full Details
:

MotoFAIL ATRIX 4G MB860 + 32GB SD Class 10 ePinter CM 10.1 krystianp Kernel; Waiting for Olympus CM10.xβ/Kernel 3β ( Kernel team for your hard work)
SONY Smartwatch 2 (Thx Santa )
ASUS TF300T 32GB + Dock CM 11 Nightly (Bootloader 4.2)
ARCHOS 5 Internet Tablet 64GB 2.0.45 pre-rooted + 16GB SD Class 10
Retired: HTC Touch Diamond WM6.1

palmbeach05
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo Bar View Post
I'm right now on the Alpha CM10 not sure VSuite vorking with Adnroid 4.x.
Secondly and main problem, it seems the proposed version is not working through BT (I was sure it was working on the original Motorla Firmware); and want voice dialing for my motorbike's BT helmet kit; so is need full BT support and auran confirmation because I can't look at the screen while riding

Dragon Go! has disepeared for Android, it has been replaced by Dragon Mobile Assistant; has for dragon Go!, it only work for english speaking people and I'm not convinced it's working Offline like the oroginal Nuance VSuite.

Thanks palmbeach for your 2 porpositions, I'm open to any other suggestion, because I miss that the feature alot.
no problem. i'm on atrix hd running 4.1.1 and VSuite is present and working. so yes, it does work on at least up to 4.1.1. The Droid X2 link was for CM7 and does solve the BT and echo issues.

I'm not aware of the change to Dragon Go!, its not an app that i normally use. i can see what i can dig up to replace this for non english speaking people. i also do not know how stable it is offline, its one of those things you or anybody for that matter would have to test out and see what happens.

estouanonimo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam van View Post
I recently rooted and unlocked my Atrix 4g and flashed to cm7, when I did I lost Nuance voice commands. I would like to get it back cause I use a bluetooth headset on my motorcycle. Nuance voice commands echoes back where it's at.
most all the other voice dialers either don't work or you have to see the screen.

I tried to install voice.nuance.recover-v1.zip but found out it doesn't work for cm7.

Any suggestions?
Try this pack file in link bellow, using a ROOT device and a file manager (ex: ES File Explorer File Manager)

1. Download and unzip above file to your external or internal storage in a temp folder.
2. Copy VSuiteApp.apk file from "temp"/system/app in unzipped folder to /system/app folder on your device.
3. Copy "nuance" folder from "temp"/system/etc in unzipped folder to /system/etc folder on your device.
4. Copy "libvsuite_mot_vs45_embedded.so" file from "temp"/system/lib in unzipped folder to /system/lib folder on your device.
5. Copy "nuance" folder from "temp"/system/tts in unzipped folder to /system/tts folder on your device.
6. Fix permission on all copied files (individual or in folders copied over) to rw- r-- r--.
7. Reboot.
8. Update the "Voice Commands" (Vsuite 4.5 old version JBREL1-1.2.05 to 1.2.15) to version JBREL1-1.2.20 by Google play.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Link.txt - [Click for QR Code] (49 Bytes, 6 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to estouanonimo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]