[Q] Horizontal white stripes on the display

Tip us?

nnmshacker
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Horizontal white stripes on the display

Hi guys,

I just got my brand new LG G Pad 8.3 a few hours ago and I started to try it out. When I installed and started a game, the tablet just shown a lots of horizontal white stripes on the whole of the display equidistantly. I immediately exit the game and I've noticed that the stripes are still shown. I restarted the device and the stripes are still shown on the boot logo as well. After that I did a "Factory data reset" but nothing happened.

These may helps:
- When I started the game, the battery percentage was around 12 and it was plugged in. When I done the game it was 8%
- The game was Real Racing 3
- The phone in brand new, I didn't root it yet, so it was absolutely factory.

Any idea?
Smart Phone Device: Unbranded HTC Amaze 4G X715e - Rooted - Android 4.4.2 (CM11) - 4Ext Recovery - JuopunutBear S-Off, SuperCID, HBOOT-1.93.2222

Tablet: LG G Pad 8.3" V500 - Rooted - Stock 4.4.2 ROM - TWRP 2.7.0.1

Currently Computer: Lenovo Z580 (i7) with Private Ubuntu based distribution with KDE.

Previous Devices (I remember): Nokia 9110 (Symbian) -> HTC Wallaby (WM) -> Samsung Omnia (WM) -> ZTE Blade (Android) -> iPhone 3G (iOS)

alakiha
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnmshacker View Post
Hi guys,

I just got my brand new LG G Pad 8.3 a few hours ago and I started to try it out. When I installed and started a game, the tablet just shown a lots of horizontal white stripes on the whole of the display equidistantly. I immediately exit the game and I've noticed that the stripes are still shown. I restarted the device and the stripes are still shown on the boot logo as well. After that I did a "Factory data reset" but nothing happened.

These may helps:
- When I started the game, the battery percentage was around 12 and it was plugged in. When I done the game it was 8%
- The game was Real Racing 3
- The phone in brand new, I didn't root it yet, so it was absolutely factory.

Any idea?
If you still have those stripes in boot logo it is more like a hardware problem not software, ask for replacement while you can.
HTC One 32G Silver + LG 8.3 GPad White
The Following User Says Thank You to alakiha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nnmshacker
Old
(Last edited by nnmshacker; 26th February 2014 at 05:31 PM.) Reason: update
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alakiha View Post
If you still have those stripes in boot logo it is more like a hardware problem not software, ask for replacement while you can.
Thanks for your answer.

Yeah, I still has them, nothing changed. I've written to the seller but they didn't answer yet (I hope just because of the weekend).

Update: I could replace it, even if they wouldn't really want to reply to my messages. Now works well.
Smart Phone Device: Unbranded HTC Amaze 4G X715e - Rooted - Android 4.4.2 (CM11) - 4Ext Recovery - JuopunutBear S-Off, SuperCID, HBOOT-1.93.2222

Tablet: LG G Pad 8.3" V500 - Rooted - Stock 4.4.2 ROM - TWRP 2.7.0.1

Currently Computer: Lenovo Z580 (i7) with Private Ubuntu based distribution with KDE.

Previous Devices (I remember): Nokia 9110 (Symbian) -> HTC Wallaby (WM) -> Samsung Omnia (WM) -> ZTE Blade (Android) -> iPhone 3G (iOS)
Tags
display, fault, stripes, white