Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Oficial Update to KK 4.4

OP potroveloz

14th February 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Tijuana
Thanks Meter: 20
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Hi, just to ask if somebody have information about note 2 update to KK 4.4, I read in this article and I think that Samsung is going to make an update to this version, what do you think???

http://bgr.com/2014/02/07/galaxy-s3-...kitkat-update/

apologize if I broke any rules by the link, if so remove please.
14th February 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 235
 
478 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by potroveloz

Hi, just to ask if somebody have information about note 2 update to KK 4.4, I read in this article and I think that Samsung is going to make an update to this version, what do you think???

http://bgr.com/2014/02/07/galaxy-s3-...kitkat-update/

apologize if I broke any rules by the link, if so remove please.

Per this article the updates are expected sometime in late March(end of Q1 2014).

Kitkat & touchwiz combination sounds good but again no idea how many new restrictions it will come with.
4.3 took too long but the wait was not worth it. I am happy with 4.3 on 4.1 bootloader.
I hope there isn't a requirement to update the bootloader.
19th February 2014, 03:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Tijuana
Thanks Meter: 20
 
49 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciphercodes

Per this article the updates are expected sometime in late March(end of Q1 2014).

Kitkat & touchwiz combination sounds good but again no idea how many new restrictions it will come with.
4.3 took too long but the wait was not worth it. I am happy with 4.3 on 4.1 bootloader.
I hope there isn't a requirement to update the bootloader.

Well, apparently it's official....

http://www.samsungmobileuspress.com/...es-and-Tablets
19th February 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #4  
coolchris305's Avatar
Senior Member
Hollywood
Thanks Meter: 13
 
135 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
After two months after the S5 comes out lol

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd February 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Has anyone received this update yet? Just curious.
25th February 2014, 01:53 AM   |  #6  
erica_renee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 524
 
2,448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Question Ask T-mobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wink2tall2

Has anyone received this update yet? Just curious.

Do not hold your breath. Before we get even close to thinking we will get this. You will first see Samsung update the note2 Unlocked and international Versions.Then Sprint or at&t Might then consider to update the phone (maybe). If that happens then MAYBE AND only if and a very doubtful maybe. Will T- Mobile decided to send us the update..

There are way more hands in the pot then just want samsung says. The press release says Carrier dependant...
Carrier is the word there . So ask T- Mobile on there plans
The Following User Says Thank You to erica_renee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2014, 03:35 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erica_renee

Do not hold your breath. Before we get even close to thinking we will get this. You will first see Samsung update the note2 Unlocked and international Versions.Then Sprint or at&t Might then consider to update the phone (maybe). If that happens then MAYBE AND only if and a very doubtful maybe. Will T- Mobile decided to send us the update..

There are way more hands in the pot then just want samsung says. The press release says Carrier dependant...
Carrier is the word there . So ask T- Mobile on there plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidCDM

try to update if still not updated

I will try soon and post with result... although after some research I doubt I will be receiving any updates for at least a month or so.
Last edited by Wink2tall2; 26th February 2014 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Forgot post-relevant quote
26th February 2014, 03:58 AM   |  #8  
erica_renee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 524
 
2,448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wink2tall2

I will try soon and post with result... although after some research I doubt I will be receiving any updates for at least a month or so.

I have a Note 2 t-mobile as well.. Sorry i never disclosed this. and NO There is no update for it. my note 2 is on 4.3 factory
27th February 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
I've got the AT&T model (SGH-I317) of the Note II running 4.1.2. (I317UCALK7), but I'm on T-Mobile now.

I received 4.1.2 OTA after rooting.

I have been unable to get any updates past 4.1.2, even when manually checking.
A few days ago I checked again and instead of telling me there was an error when checking for updates, it told me there was an update (around 185.75 MB). It downloaded, but failed to install.

I'd really like to be able to get the official/TouchWiz 4.4 build installed.
When 4.4 does hit, should I be trying to get the T-Mobile version or the AT&T version? Or does it not matter?

It looks like I won't be able to get the update OTA since I can't get any updates OTA now and I'm stuck on 4.1.2, but surely there will be a dump I can grab online and load myself, right?
27th February 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 90
 
405 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexconker

I've got the AT&T model (SGH-I317) of the Note II running 4.1.2. (I317UCALK7), but I'm on T-Mobile now.

I received 4.1.2 OTA after rooting.

I have been unable to get any updates past 4.1.2, even when manually checking.
A few days ago I checked again and instead of telling me there was an error when checking for updates, it told me there was an update (around 185.75 MB). It downloaded, but failed to install.

I'd really like to be able to get the official/TouchWiz 4.4 build installed.
When 4.4 does hit, should I be trying to get the T-Mobile version or the AT&T version? Or does it not matter?

It looks like I won't be able to get the update OTA since I can't get any updates OTA now and I'm stuck on 4.1.2, but surely there will be a dump I can grab online and load myself, right?

Odin your stock un rooted Rom, then check for ota update. Don't forget to triangle away

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes