ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

Most popular touchwiz based rom?

OP nodyarg

19th April 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 9

191 posts
More
I like the touchwiz UI but i want the added enhancements of custom firmware, i know ill probably get flamed with people saying "search
for asking this, but can you guys recommend a custom touchwiz rom? preferably the most popular/up to date
19th April 2014, 05:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 904

2,118 posts
DN3 if you want a 4.3 Rom
Tweaked if you want a 4.1.2 Rom
The Following User Says Thank You to Double0EK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

191 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double0EK

DN3 if you want a 4.3 Rom
Tweaked if you want a 4.1.2 Rom

So DN3 looks great but its a N7105 rom, which apparantly is fine, except that it insists that i flash one of 3 modem options, none of which are for my phone. also i heard that for my phone (t889v), once you flash a modem for the wrong device you cant get the correct modem back again.
19th April 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #4  

2,118 posts
The T889v doesnt have a flashable modem available?
20th April 2014, 03:30 AM   |  #5  
Flag oklahoma city
Thanks Meter: 2,567

3,904 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodyarg

So DN3 looks great but its a N7105 rom, which apparantly is fine, except that it insists that i flash one of 3 modem options, none of which are for my phone. also i heard that for my phone (t889v), once you flash a modem for the wrong device you cant get the correct modem back again.

I would take the dn3 zip and take out the n7105 modem files and replace them with t889v modem files.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st April 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

191 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnote74

I would take the dn3 zip and take out the n7105 modem files and replace them with t889v modem files.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I tried that by replacing the modem.bin files in the rom's folders for the 3 modem versions with the wind 4.3 modem.bin, it took 2 flashes before my phone would start working but still had a no network symbol instead of signal bars. i also tried flashing the wind 4.1.1 modem through recovery after but no luck. i can see that others on the t889 have had success with this rom, so i should be able to use it on a t889v, cant figure out what the problem is.
Last edited by nodyarg; 22nd April 2014 at 12:02 AM.
22nd April 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #7  
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 766

2,010 posts
More
Quote:

I tried that by replacing the modem.bin files in the rom's folders for the 3 modem versions with the wind 4.3 modem.bin, it took 2 flashes before my phone would start working but still had a no network symbol instead of signal bars. i also tried flashing the wind 4.1.1 modem through recovery after but no luck. i can see that others on the t889 have had success with this rom, so i should be able to use it on a t889v, cant figure out what the problem is.

Once the 889V gets the wrong devices modem you will have a tough time getting it out from what I have seen.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
22nd April 2014, 08:49 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

191 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug76

Once the 889V gets the wrong devices modem you will have a tough time getting it out from what I have seen.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

I got it working by wiping basically everything except external sd, and incidentally soft bricking my phone, then going into download mode and using odin to flash a factory rom. got signal bars back, so then i reflashed custom recovery and tried flashing dn3 with a new modem again but im not having any luck with it.
22nd April 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #9  

2,118 posts
Quote:

I got it working by wiping basically everything except external sd, and incidentally soft bricking my phone, then going into download mode and using odin to flash a factory rom. got signal bars back, so then i reflashed custom recovery and tried flashing dn3 with a new modem again but im not having any luck with it.

Not having luck with data? Have you set your APNs? Check the obvious stuff first.
22nd April 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

191 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double0EK

Not having luck with data? Have you set your APNs? Check the obvious stuff first.

Its not data. Its just plain network signal. Instead of seeing bars at the top right ive got a no smoking sign without the cigarette in the middle. Thats what i meant by "no network" symbol. Im pretty sure that its a modem issue. Strange taht flashing a modem over it wonrt work, and other than that the rom works perfectly, but not being able to use my phone to make calls is kind of a dealbreaker.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread