5,595,918 Members 31,389 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can anyone help me root new note2 on 4.3 without pc?

Tip us?

PharQrazyR
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Can anyone help me root new note2 on 4.3 without pc?

I recently received replacement note 2 from T Mobile. In the time that it took for me to get my new phone my computer was stolen. Is there a way to unlock my bootloader and root my phone without a PC? Please share.

nodyarg
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharQrazyR View Post
I recently received replacement note 2 from T Mobile. In the time that it took for me to get my new phone my computer was stolen. Is there a way to unlock my bootloader and root my phone without a PC? Please share.
Once you have updated your phone with the official 4.3 update, you will never again be able to unlock your bootloader or flash custom firmware. You will, however, be able to root your phone and install odin flashable stock roms or rooted stock roms. You can do this with odin or mobile odin, but i cannot think of a way to do it without a pc, because even if you use mobile odin you will need to first to root it with saferoot i believe (which requires a PC if i remember correctly), and PC odin doesnt require root and you can use it to flash a pre-rooted image but it does require a PC.

If i were you id just spend 2 or 3 bucks and get an hour in a cyber cafe, installl saferoot from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&highlight=s3 and then download the image for your phones carrier and flash it in odin or mobile odin.
Phone: LG/T-Mobile Optimus G2x (LG P999)
ROM: AOSP EAGLESBLOOD ICE CREAM SANDWICH 4.0.4 ROM BUILD 4

mattlowry
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 945

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodyarg View Post
Once you have updated your phone with the official 4.3 update, you will never again be able to unlock your bootloader or flash custom firmware. You will, however, be able to root your phone and install odin flashable stock roms or rooted stock roms. You can do this with odin or mobile odin, but i cannot think of a way to do it without a pc, because even if you use mobile odin you will need to first to root it with saferoot i believe (which requires a PC if i remember correctly), and PC odin doesnt require root and you can use it to flash a pre-rooted image but it does require a PC.

If i were you id just spend 2 or 3 bucks and get an hour in a cyber cafe, installl saferoot from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&highlight=s3 and then download the image for your phones carrier and flash it in odin or mobile odin.
that is not exactly true. you can flash custom firmwares with 4.3 bootloader. but I don't think there is currently a way to root 4.3 without a pc.