5,594,151 Members 47,271 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Loading CPU govenors at boot using init.d. Possible or not?

Tip us?

Cass1977
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Question [Q] Loading CPU govenors at boot using init.d. Possible or not?

Hi

I want more than the 4 govenors that my kernel offers. I know the way this is done is by compiling them in the kernel, however, my noname tablet has no sources for its kernel. Ive tried a couple of kernels but they fail to build and anyway I dont know what all the hardware is so tricky to make a build that will work

I dont want much, just some more govenors and io schedulers. I had an idea to compile them all as modules and load them at runtime via an init.d script. Would this work? When compiling the govenors, what dependencies does it require? Im sure the govenors dont care what screen ive got or what bluetooth i have. Im guessing its just cpu stuff that it needs.

Ive compiled some govenors and put them in /system/lib/modules/ (No simlink in root on my tab, does that matter?) but when I insmod them I get file not found error. Any ideas why this is?

Is this even going to work? All I want is some new govenors and I figured this is the best way but if there is any other way please elaborate?

Any help would be really handy

Chris

rkDroid.com - Resources for Rockchip devices

Cass1977
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
ok. I know it can be done.

Ive compiled the modules and put them in system/lib/modules but when insmod them I get this error in dmesg for io schedulers

<4>[ 4355.772594] sio_iosched: Unknown symbol _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ (err 0)

and this for cpu govenors

<4>[ 4422.664742] cpufreq_smartass2: Unknown symbol _GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ (err 0)
<4>[ 4422.664878] cpufreq_smartass2: Unknown symbol nr_running (err 0)

Any ideas how to get past this?

rkDroid.com - Resources for Rockchip devices