No registration required

[Q] Can't access ClockWorkMod

OP anon124342

25th February 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey guys,

There will be a tl;dr at the bottom. The problem however should not be that big of a deal.

I tried flashing the latest build of DevCon's CM 11.0 yesterday. I followed the instructions in the thread and also installed K-Kernel (i chose v1.5 with 348 MB).

So after i was done my phone booted as usual after this procedure. Fancy Start-up Screen, Launcher works, everything fine so far. However I can not access CWM. The "restart phone"-section when pressing the power-button won't give me an option to chose "boot into recovery" and also the key-combo (vol+ - home - power) when the phone is turned off will just bring up a screen saying "RAMDUMP MODE cause: Force Upload".

The thing is: I wouldn't even mind, if I couldn't also get into kernel-settings to set the governor and i/o. They just won't appear in the settings.

So the noob I am just thinks: Ok, maybe something on the phone doesn't grant me the permissions for doing these things. So then I downloaded CWM-Rom Manager from the Appstore and tried to fix permissions -> Still won't work.

Please help me. I really think this problem isn't much of a big deal but I just can't solve it by myself.

tl;dr:
- flashed CM 11.0 with KK
- phone boots, but access to CWM is not possible; also specific options like setting governor or i/o-scheduler just don't appear in the options
- tried fixing permissions with CWM-Rom Manager -> no change
25th February 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Philippines
Thanks Meter: 2,244

3,920 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon124342

Please help me. I really think this problem isn't much of a big deal but I just can't solve it by myself.

yep, its a simple issue

if you press
Volume Up + Power
. you will get recovery mode
Volume Down + Home + Power. you will get Download mode
Volume Up + Home + Power you will get RAM DUMP mode

so learning more about the i9001 is done by using this

as for developers option, try taping about phone in settings 7 Times, to open up its hidden menu.

The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th February 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman

yep, its a simple issue

if you press
Volume Up + Power
. you will get recovery mode
Volume Down + Home + Power. you will get Download mode
Volume Up + Home + Power you will get RAM DUMP mode

so learning more about the i9001 is done by using this

as for developers option, try taping about phone in settings 7 Times, to open up its hidden menu.

OMG. I am stupid. Thank you, man! I just got into CWM and will re-try everything.

The Settings-part however did not work. Maybe it does when I have everything set up.

//edit: Developer-Settings do work as well now. Thank you again!
Last edited by anon124342; 25th February 2014 at 09:43 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread