5,593,458 Members 36,698 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM11 degradation?

Tip us?

felacio
Old
(Last edited by felacio; 4th February 2014 at 03:52 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 919

DONATE TO ME
Default CM11 degradation?

I really don't want to come across as if I don't appreciate the work that is going into the CM11 / KitKat builds for the Nook HD because I do and continually look forward to flashing the latest nightlies etc.

But does it seem as if each version from either variant available are less and less stable? initial releases seemed fine while each new version has more and more issues that seem to pop up. I just flashed the latest from the General forum here and lost Play store, once I reflashed my GAPPS and got it back I got odd green screen flashing and terrible performance requiring a reboot which black screened. I had to do a soft reset by holding the power button.

I don't know. Again, appreciate the work, saddened by the current crop, I guess.
HTC One running Elemental-X and ViperONE 5.0 It's pretty much amazing .

Nook HD+ on CM11--KitKat

asawi
Old
Thanks Meter 121
And here I am wondering why I don't have any issues at all. Not one single reboot, no loss of functionality, nothing. I am running the latest nightly.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 4

felacio
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 919

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by asawi View Post
And here I am wondering why I don't have any issues at all. Not one single reboot, no loss of functionality, nothing. I am running the latest nightly.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using Tapatalk 4
02-03?
Did you swap kernels? Dirty flash? Etc.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
HTC One running Elemental-X and ViperONE 5.0 It's pretty much amazing .

Nook HD+ on CM11--KitKat

adam_ky
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Did you try factory restore after your google app install?
If not i try doing the restore in settings and see if it resolves the problems. Seems like it usually works for me.

sandsofmyst
Old
Thanks Meter 49
If you notice the launcher is now trebuchet. They just started replacing launcher 3 with theirs. So things will be broken or missing. Same with others areas.

I always have a very recent backup and so it doesn't matter. 10.2 went though pains too and so on so forth.

If you want more stable 10.2 is right there. Backup cm11 in recovery and restore it later on when its more mature.
HTC sensation 4G | cm11 albinoman ROM - 3/2/14 Workaround for incoming phone calls going to missed (including the swipe issue) with all cm based roms -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=884
Nook HD+ 32 | cm11 emmc official ROM (331 hours of uptime reached with much daily use)
....Nook HD+ 16 | (Returned due to random reboots; defective tablet)

50bux
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile So...am I the only one who....

Doesn't use Google anymore? Look, I mean I know the paid Koogle-aid dispensers will dog pile on me as a heretic, but CM on my nook is working great for me and in concert with other play stores all is well. I just don't see the need to put anymore money or information in Big GData's pocket.

Just one guys opinion, flame away

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3394

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50bux View Post
Doesn't use Google anymore? Look, I mean I know the paid Koogle-aid dispensers will dog pile on me as a heretic, but CM on my nook is working great for me and in concert with other play stores all is well. I just don't see the need to put anymore money or information in Big GData's pocket.

Just one guys opinion, flame away
This is rich. It used to be big M$ that folks dumped on, now Google?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

50bux
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Rich?

I respectfully disagree. LL you of all people know of the massive holes and security flaws that gapps add to what is mostly a great open source system. I think if people really were to examine just what adding gapps does to your phone as far as adding in avenues for exploitation they wouldn't use it.

Have I said something technically incorrect?

leapinlar
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3394

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50bux View Post
I respectfully disagree. LL you of all people know of the massive holes and security flaws that gapps add to what is mostly a great open source system. I think if people really were to examine just what adding gapps does to your phone as far as adding in avenues for exploitation they wouldn't use it.

Have I said something technically incorrect?
I'm not disagreeing with your point, I just think it is interesting that folks tend to see big companies as evil and jump on them.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2 here

LaughInYourFace
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 0
All running smooth as a babys bottom