Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,636 Members 52,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will the Allshare Cast dongle work with a CM 10.1 based rom?

Tip us?

mad212
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Will the Allshare Cast dongle work with a CM 10.1 based rom?

I'm currently using an allshare cast dongle to mirror my phones display to a Pioneer Appradio2. Its an awesome setup but im stuck on a stock rooted rom because of the allshare cast. I thought I had read somewhere that someone was running CM10.1 with the allshare cast working. Can anyone confirm if it works or not?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

markriveranig
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad212 View Post
I'm currently using an allshare cast dongle to mirror my phones display to a Pioneer Appradio2. Its an awesome setup but im stuck on a stock rooted rom because of the allshare cast. I thought I had read somewhere that someone was running CM10.1 with the allshare cast working. Can anyone confirm if it works or not?

Yes they got it it working in one of these roms. Keep searching, i been away for a while with a stock gs3 thanks to the allshare dongle so Im back hoping they have a fix for the sprint version.

azndy
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thumbs up Allshare dongle with CM10.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad212 View Post

Running the same setup as you with the Appradio and ARLiberator. I tried multiple TouchWiz roms and got a Jelly 'Beans' to work with Triangle Away. Finally I gave up and went to CM10.1. While messing around with settings, I figured out how to make this work! I'm using a VZW Galaxy SIII, so not sure if the CM build for your phone will be the same but try this:

Turn on the Allshare Cast dongle
On phone go to Settings > Display > Wireless Display
Turn Wireless Display ON
Tap on Dongle to connect

Hopefully that will get you up and running with CM10.1 and your Allshare Cast Dongle.
The Following User Says Thank You to azndy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

inningsdefeat500
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by azndy View Post
Running the same setup as you with the Appradio and ARLiberator. I tried multiple TouchWiz roms and got a Jelly 'Beans' to work with Triangle Away. Finally I gave up and went to CM10.1. While messing around with settings, I figured out how to make this work! I'm using a VZW Galaxy SIII, so not sure if the CM build for your phone will be the same but try this:

Turn Wireless Display ON
Tap on Dongle to connect

Hopefully that will get you up and running with CM10.1 and your Allshare Cast Dongle.
You sure it works man? I have gone crazy trying with the 1 fix we got - u sure it will work for note 2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2189755 - my thread asking for help

mad212
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:

Turn Wireless Display ON
Tap on Dongle to connect

I have installed CM10.1 but I don't see a Wireless Display option in the Display settings. I have yet to go out to the car to see if it only appears when the Allshare Cast is turned on so I will give that a try. Thanks for the reply. I will report back later.

mad212
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by inningsdefeat500 View Post
You sure it works man? I have gone crazy trying with the 1 fix we got - u sure it will work for note 2

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2189755 - my thread asking for help
I have no problem getting the allshare cast to work with stock based roms using a stock kernel with the stock boot.img. You just have to run triangle away after flashing rom and boot.img.

mad212
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Default Re: Will the Allshare Cast dongle work with a CM 10.1 based rom?

I have no wireless display option in the settings>display menu using CM 10.1 for the note. Very weird that its not on the note 2 rom but it is on the s3 rom.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

azndy
Old
Thanks Meter 3

Damn worth trying. As I said I'm using a s3 so wasn't sure if it would work for you.
What if you go into settings>more.. Do you see an option there for miracast?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

mad212
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16

Quote:
Damn worth trying. As I said I'm using a s3 so wasn't sure if it would work for you.
What if you go into settings>more.. Do you see an option there for miracast?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium
Yeah tried more but nothing. Guess I'll have to beg our devs to include the wireless display option if possible. Thanks for your help.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda premium

RunNgun42
Old
(Last edited by RunNgun42; 14th February 2014 at 07:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 37
So how does this thing work? Are you supposed to connect your phone to your home wifi network to access the dongle? Do the two access each other through some sort of ad-hoc connection? I dont have home internet, I just tether from my cellphone, however I would like to start streaming hulu/netflix stuff using my cellphone to mirror the screen. Will these 2 devices be able to see each other and still use my cellular data?

UPDATE: Ok so I just grabbed one from the Verizon store to figure it out myself. Setup was a breeze, just plug the hub in, hit the button 1 time on the back (or until the LED turns blue) then go into settings/display/wireless display. You do not have to be on any kind of WiFi network, apparently the device and cellphone operate on their own independent spectrum or something. It saw the device immediately and took about 30 seconds to actually connect. Then the display started mirroring. Only problem was a little lag and some visual artifacting on screen. Enough that I'm actually taking it back for a refund, what a shame, really liked the concept.