Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official 4.4 is that true?!

Tip us?
 
dieselman6969
Old
#1  
dieselman6969's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 477
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: V.N.FAMALIC√O
Default Official 4.4 is that true?!

http://www.technostall.com/xperia-s-...kitkat-update/
Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
*XPERIA S*
 
adam20115
Old
#2  
adam20115's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 82
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman6969 View Post
http://www.technostall.com/xperia-s-...kitkat-update/
Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
no it's not true, when you download the file it is pure_aosp_alpha
 
dieselman6969
Old
#3  
dieselman6969's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Posts: 477
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: V.N.FAMALIC√O
They say sony will realease official update

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
*XPERIA S*
 
adam20115
Old
#4  
adam20115's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 82
Join Date: Apr 2012
I don't think that they are gonna update the Xperia S anymore. It's a shame as it's a good device, I hope they don't do the same and abandon my Z1 after 18 months like they did with this device. Hopefully tho they might update this but it's very unlikely

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Premium HD app
Xperia Z1 | Monxdified 4.4.2
 
nisu4717
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 554
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: vidhya nagar
See the title 1st...
They said custom rom.

Sent from my LT26ii using xda premium
 
lee480
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 808
Posts: 1,009
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam20115 View Post
I don't think that they are gonna update the Xperia S anymore. It's a shame as it's a good device, I hope they don't do the same and abandon my Z1 after 18 months like they did with this device. Hopefully tho they might update this but it's very unlikely

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Premium HD app
Abandon? You expecting lifetime of updates? They didn't abandon Xperia S. The current firmware is fine.
SEMC/LT28h:4.1.2/6.2.B.0.211
 
nisu4717
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 554
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: vidhya nagar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee480 View Post
Abandon? You expecting lifetime of updates? They didn't abandon Xperia S. The current firmware is fine.
Ofcourse,the current is f9.but there must be 4.3 or 4.4 update...but there is nothing.

Sent from my LT26ii using xda premium
 
adam20115
Old
#8  
adam20115's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 82
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisu4717 View Post
Ofcourse,the current is f9.but there must be 4.3 or 4.4 update...but there is nothing.

Sent from my LT26ii using xda premium
I dont mean abandon, i mean like they should try to update it for as long as possible as its still a good device, thats all i mean
 
Redstarr1
Old
#9  
Redstarr1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 400
Posts: 717
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Leuven
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisu4717 View Post
Ofcourse,the current is f9.but there must be 4.3 or 4.4 update...but there is nothing.

Sent from my LT26ii using xda premium
Why must there be? There are unofficial versions, just use those. Are you expecting Sony to keep every single phone they ever released up to date? There must be hundreds by now (okay that was a hyperbole, 48 according to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Xperia), noone can keep up with that. If you must blame anyone or anything for the short while that phones are getting updates, blame Android because it's so hard to install on hardware (compared to more classic PC OS's like Windows and Ubuntu/Pick-Your-Favorite-Linux-Distro). Not even the Galaxy Nexus got an update to Android 4.4, and if there was one Nexus that was most like our Fuji-phones it was that one. So if our generation's Nexus isn't even getting any updates anymore, how do you expect a non-Nexus device to get that update.

Seriously, I don't like this either, so ever since KitKat I haven't run a stock ROM. Now you've learned that if stock updates are important to you, you should get a Nexus or a Google Play Edition device. Sony has been known not to be very good in providing long term updates ever since the Xperia X10 (their very first Android phone). And if you can't afford to get a new phone every 2 years (because that's how long it'll be relevant), you should stop being so sensitive about updates and be happy with what you have.
My current devices:
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact: Stock 14.4.A.0.108 (for now)
Sony Xperia S: Paranoid Android by deedwar
Google Nexus 7 (2013): Paranoid Android
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redstarr1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
nisu4717
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 84
Posts: 554
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: vidhya nagar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstarr1 View Post
Why must there be? There are unofficial versions, just use those. Are you expecting Sony to keep every single phone they ever released up to date? There must be hundreds by now (okay that was a hyperbole, 48 according to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Xperia), noone can keep up with that. If you must blame anyone or anything for the short while that phones are getting updates, blame Android because it's so hard to install on hardware (compared to more classic PC OS's like Windows and Ubuntu/Pick-Your-Favorite-Linux-Distro). Not even the Galaxy Nexus got an update to Android 4.4, and if there was one Nexus that was most like our Fuji-phones it was that one. So if our generation's Nexus isn't even getting any updates anymore, how do you expect a non-Nexus device to get that update.

Seriously, I don't like this either, so ever since KitKat I haven't run a stock ROM. Now you've learned that if stock updates are important to you, you should get a Nexus or a Google Play Edition device. Sony has been known not to be very good in providing long term updates ever since the Xperia X10 (their very first Android phone). And if you can't afford to get a new phone every 2 years (because that's how long it'll be relevant), you should stop being so sensitive about updates and be happy with what you have.
I m using pure Aosp 4.4 right now.
And I m happy with it.
But see every nexus has offical cm support.they are also working on 4.4.
And here only billchane and rehman FX are working.thanks to them we have 4.4 build.suppose we don't have more support from them.than what we gonna do.then I will sell my sl..and surely buy nexus 5 or htc m7

Sent from my LT26ii using xda premium

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes