Thanks Meter: 53

477 posts
They say sony will realease official update

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
22nd January 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 15

91 posts
More
I don't think that they are gonna update the Xperia S anymore. It's a shame as it's a good device, I hope they don't do the same and abandon my Z1 after 18 months like they did with this device. Hopefully tho they might update this but it's very unlikely

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Premium HD app
23rd January 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #5  
Flag vidhya nagar
Thanks Meter: 113

800 posts
More
See the title 1st...
They said custom rom.

Sent from my LT26ii using xda premium
24th January 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 846

1,108 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam20115

I don't think that they are gonna update the Xperia S anymore. It's a shame as it's a good device, I hope they don't do the same and abandon my Z1 after 18 months like they did with this device. Hopefully tho they might update this but it's very unlikely

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Premium HD app

Abandon? You expecting lifetime of updates? They didn't abandon Xperia S. The current firmware is fine.
24th January 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #7  
Flag vidhya nagar

800 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee480

Abandon? You expecting lifetime of updates? They didn't abandon Xperia S. The current firmware is fine.

Ofcourse,the current is f9.but there must be 4.3 or 4.4 update...but there is nothing.

24th January 2014, 10:08 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 15

91 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisu4717

Ofcourse,the current is f9.but there must be 4.3 or 4.4 update...but there is nothing.

I dont mean abandon, i mean like they should try to update it for as long as possible as its still a good device, thats all i mean
24th January 2014, 10:14 AM   |  #9  
Flag Leuven
Thanks Meter: 400

719 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nisu4717

Why must there be? There are unofficial versions, just use those. Are you expecting Sony to keep every single phone they ever released up to date? There must be hundreds by now (okay that was a hyperbole, 48 according to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Xperia), noone can keep up with that. If you must blame anyone or anything for the short while that phones are getting updates, blame Android because it's so hard to install on hardware (compared to more classic PC OS's like Windows and Ubuntu/Pick-Your-Favorite-Linux-Distro). Not even the Galaxy Nexus got an update to Android 4.4, and if there was one Nexus that was most like our Fuji-phones it was that one. So if our generation's Nexus isn't even getting any updates anymore, how do you expect a non-Nexus device to get that update.

Seriously, I don't like this either, so ever since KitKat I haven't run a stock ROM. Now you've learned that if stock updates are important to you, you should get a Nexus or a Google Play Edition device. Sony has been known not to be very good in providing long term updates ever since the Xperia X10 (their very first Android phone). And if you can't afford to get a new phone every 2 years (because that's how long it'll be relevant), you should stop being so sensitive about updates and be happy with what you have.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Redstarr1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2014, 05:47 AM   |  #10  
Flag vidhya nagar

800 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstarr1

Why must there be? There are unofficial versions, just use those. Are you expecting Sony to keep every single phone they ever released up to date? There must be hundreds by now (okay that was a hyperbole, 48 according to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_Xperia), noone can keep up with that. If you must blame anyone or anything for the short while that phones are getting updates, blame Android because it's so hard to install on hardware (compared to more classic PC OS's like Windows and Ubuntu/Pick-Your-Favorite-Linux-Distro). Not even the Galaxy Nexus got an update to Android 4.4, and if there was one Nexus that was most like our Fuji-phones it was that one. So if our generation's Nexus isn't even getting any updates anymore, how do you expect a non-Nexus device to get that update.

Seriously, I don't like this either, so ever since KitKat I haven't run a stock ROM. Now you've learned that if stock updates are important to you, you should get a Nexus or a Google Play Edition device. Sony has been known not to be very good in providing long term updates ever since the Xperia X10 (their very first Android phone). And if you can't afford to get a new phone every 2 years (because that's how long it'll be relevant), you should stop being so sensitive about updates and be happy with what you have.

I m using pure Aosp 4.4 right now.
And I m happy with it.
But see every nexus has offical cm support.they are also working on 4.4.
And here only billchane and rehman FX are working.thanks to them we have 4.4 build.suppose we don't have more support from them.than what we gonna do.then I will sell my sl..and surely buy nexus 5 or htc m7

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread