brick to brick to brick to oblivion?

Search This thread

dreamwave

The reason I'm putting this here is because there is no subforum for the sgs3 us cellular version

my phone's model is SCH-R530 and I think I've dug myself into some pretty deep ****
I came from the original touchwiz rom with andrid version ~4.3, I believe, then I used the cm installer to get to cm10, after that I flashed cm11 using the cmupdater. I ran that and nothing else other than a brief try of omnirom, but didn't like that so I went back, I used cm11 for another few weeks and then flashed miui, but it was for the i9300 or whatever, so that's where the problems started. I had hard bricked my phone, but after looking around a bit, I finally found an unbrick file, I put that on a 32gb sdcard and that got my phone working, but if I removed the sd card, the phone would work until I rebooted, than I'd get nothing, no haptic, no lights, but it resolved after I put the sdcard back in, I used that for a week, but then I wanted my sd back as actual storage instead of just a boot helper, so I found this link: http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/files/download/189-stock-files/ and tried to run the exe, so while that did get all of the way through, it failed when trying to flash the phone, giving me the error in the first screenshot and making my phone say "sw rev check fail : fused 1 > binary 0" in dmode. I tried using odin and just using the file in the zip, but it gave me the error in the second screenshot, and now my phone cant get past a screen that says something about a kies upgrade failed, I can't get into recovery or anything other than the error, which basically gives dmode with an error, or the regular dmode. I don't know how much trouble I'm in here and if someone could give me an idea of what my next action should be then that would be great, also noting that I have a budget for fixing this thing of about $20, so no jtag unless I absolutely have to.View attachment screenshots.zip

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
You need to flash the 4.3 tar for your phone with the sdcard in.

The reason it does not boot without the sdcard is because the device emmc has a corrupt bootloader, so it needs a good bootloader which the sdcard has. But when you remove the sdcard, it's left with only a corrupt bootloader and can't boot.

In short, you need to find the 4.3 tar for USC and flash that with Odin. Any tar below 4.3 will fail since you're on the Knox bootloader.

Reactions: dreamwave

dreamwave

The reason it does not boot without the sdcard is because the device emmc has a corrupt bootloader, so it needs a good bootloader which the sdcard has. But when you remove the sdcard, it's left with only a corrupt bootloader and can't boot.

In short, you need to find the 4.3 tar for USC and flash that with Odin. Any tar below 4.3 will fail since you're on the Knox bootloader.
What is the Knox bootloader?

dreamwave

no idea how it worked, but I used this: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/lates...ar-galaxy-s3-sch-r530-android-4-4-compatible/

and it actually got my phone to reboot, was it because it successfully completed an operation and removed the upgrade failed flag?
And now, how do I get it to work without the sdcard?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.