Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 45,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Possible hardware fault help please

Tip us?

pearlpassat
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Possible hardware fault help please

Mistakenly used the omega rom for a S2 on my note 2 by not taking much notice when installing, anyway it went on fine (although I know it prob shouldnt have) and phone crashed as to be expected when i realised.

I then installed official samsung 4.3 firmware via odin however the phone is now really laggy and takes several presses of the power/home button for the screen to respond, also the sound dont quite sound right, i have since put the omega rom on for the note 2 however there is no improvement

Is it possible to have damaged the hardware ny doing this???

Bullay
Old
Thanks Meter 1
There isnt any possibility of damaging your hardware.. make a full wipe.. since a rom flashes everything, your partitions might have got corrupted... do a full wipe using recovery and then proceed with flashing a rom. Format each and everything. I would even format the internal sd, and use adb or recovery to transfer files afterwards...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

pearlpassat
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullay View Post
There isnt any possibility of damaging your hardware.. make a full wipe.. since a rom flashes everything, your partitions might have got corrupted... do a full wipe using recovery and then proceed with flashing a rom. Format each and everything. I would even format the internal sd, and use adb or recovery to transfer files afterwards...

Thanks for the reply
I have done all what you have mentioned and even removed everything through twrp so no operating system was installed and then formatted before reloading oem firmware via odin but the problem is still present

Bullay
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Use it for a day or two... it should get solved... flashing a wrong rom bricks the phone usually. Which bootloader are u using? Use mj5 on 4.3 for optimum performance...

pearlpassat
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Got the new bootloader on matey, phone is freezing all the time now too so symptoms going downhill

pearlpassat
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Is there any other way to fully format the phone apart from through recovery as doing it through there hasnt made any difference????

goodoane
Old
Thanks Meter 117
In Odin with pit file and repartition check.
The Following User Says Thank You to goodoane For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pearlpassat
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodoane View Post
In Odin with pit file and repartition check.
Could you explain more as my knowledge of odin is limited..where would i get a pit file from

pearlpassat
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Also would i flash a pit file before or after the original software?

pearlpassat
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Done the pit file and repartition method but no improvement