Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,346 Members 47,121 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is Offline Charging???

Tip us?

pravin_pran
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default What is Offline Charging???

What is offline Charging? I have seen that some ROMs do not support offline charging. If it means that you can not charge your phone when it is switched off,
then how would one charge his phone if its battery is completely drained?
The Following User Says Thank You to pravin_pran For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Joel Chan
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by pravin_pran View Post
What is offline Charging? I have seen that some ROMs do not support offline charging. If it means that you can not charge your phone when it is switched off,
Offline charging means that you are able to charge your phone even if it is switched off. Without offline charging enabled, when your phone is off and you charge it, it will turn on again. For example, in the stock rom, when your phone is off and you charge it, you will only see the battery meter and the phone did not turn on

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Joel Chan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pravin_pran
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Sory i didnt get your answer. If offline charging is not enabled means i cannt charge mobile while its switched off. What to do if my battery is completely drained???

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

Joel Chan
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Sory i didnt get your answer. If offline charging is not enabled means i cannt charge mobile while its switched off. What to do if my battery is completely drained???

No offline charging = Can charge your phone, but phone will be turned on (can receive calls and messages etc)

Offline charging enabled= Can charge your phone, when it is off and cannot receive calls messages)

Either way, you will still be able to charge your battery

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joel Chan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IKnowIRock!
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Isn't it that the phone charges automatically when the phone is switched off??
I really have no idea, itz just my experience I'm telling.correct me if I'm wrong

IKnowIRock!

Joel Chan
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowIRock! View Post
Isn't it that the phone charges automatically when the phone is switched off??
I really have no idea, itz just my experience I'm telling.correct me if I'm wrong

Yes, but with offline charging, it will cause the phone to boot up again

zolistir
Old
Thanks Meter 2
So let me see if I understood correctly. If there is no offline charging when I plug in the phone it will boot up? If I have offline charging then it will remain off and show the battery meter(or nothing at all)?

Joel Chan
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by zolistir View Post
So let me see if I understood correctly. If there is no offline charging when I plug in the phone it will boot up? If I have offline charging then it will remain off and show the battery meter(or nothing at all)?
Yes! You're right

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Joel Chan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andrea-pikkio
Old
Thanks Meter 3
So you confirm I can always charge my battery even if the phone switched off because it was completely drained?
This is the only thing I'm warried and which is keeping me from flashing a new ICS ROM.

It's not a problem if it boots up again. I can always put it in airplane mode when charging during the night... Right?

DanceOff
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 3236
Quote:
U see when u plug in ur phone to the charger when its battery is zero ur phone will sqitch on with the electricity of charger not battery

Once i tried and then perfectly used my phone with my battery out. !!

So u can understand now!!

First time i had also the same reaction but when this happened with me i got to no what i m telling u

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Chan View Post
Yes! You're right

Noooo you are wrong ,it does switch on and charges from 0%
i am not lying this has happened to me many times when i come back from school and phone is discharged. i am just sharing my experience

The Following User Says Thank You to DanceOff For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]