Ask a question

No registration required

Exclamation [Q] Orientation Sensor and other Sensor Issues

OP Craeft

14th February 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
Good afternoon everyone. I do hope I am posting this in the correct forum. I am going to cheat and copy/paste my original G+ post because:
1 - I'm lazy
2 - It has all the information (I believe).

Anyone else have the HTC One (M7) and having an issue with the orientation sensor?
More specifically.... anyone have the HTC One with CM11 and having issues with the orientation sensor?

I use GPS Status and Toolbox on a regular basis. It used to work just fine, but since the 4.4.2 update (assumed timeframe), the compass doesn't work nor does the pitch/roll indicator.

I installed Elixir 2 and it is showing the orientation sensor as being present and functional, but it's not getting any data. Nor is it getting data from:
Gravity Sensor
Linear Acceleration Sensor
Magnetic Field Sensor
Rotation Vector Sensor

Again, they are all showing as present. I get green bar showing active, but no graph data (which tells me it's not receiving information for those sensors).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HTC One
CM11 (currently on a nightly, though I am awaiting a "stable build" update)
17th February 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

4 posts
I "fixed" the issue.
It was an issue with the CM build. I just went back to a 12/26/13 nightly and it's working.

PS: Off-topic... this 5 minutes between postings for us newbs is ridiculous. I understand the purpose... but 5 minutes is extreme.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread