XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting my HTC one running 4.3 Android

Tip us?

Cr Stallion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Rooting my HTC one running 4.3 Android

Hey guys, I am very frustrated right now because I have been trying to root my phone for over 5 hours and have not gotten anywhere. This is my first time rooting, and I really would appreciate your guys knowledge and help. I have windows, and I have been reading and watching videos and downloading all kinds of things. I tried following the steps in htconeroot.com and I watched the whole video tutorial, and I couldn't even get the htc one root zip downloaded to my computer... Can someone please help me, I am completely lost. I feel like I have just been reading and trying things that are outdated and/or the links do not work anymore. Thank you very much, as I am in need right now and I would really like to get my phone rooted as soon as possible.

Thanks again!

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7059

DONATE TO ME
Click the DIY guide in my sig and if you have questions post them here or PM

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

Cr Stallion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
Click the DIY guide in my sig and if you have questions post them here or PM
Hey, thank you very much for helping out BD,

I am just learning all this stuff so sorry if I may not know what to do on very basic steps.

My first question is,

on step 5 on htcdev bootloader, it tells me to type in a command. I typed it and I got this, "fastboot is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

Sorry man, if you get me through this lol I promise I will get you some fine Costa Rican coffee! I want to get it done, I hope you can be here guiding me and I am very thankful!

Daichisan
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Howdy,

You need to download all the drivers and add bundle. Which OS do you use on your computer? For the adb get it here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1474956

If you need any further assistance just tell and I can make a quick video for you.

Cheers

Sended for HTC One via XDA Premium App
HTC ONE M7_UL
ROM: Android Revolution HD 41.0
RECOVERY: TWRP touch Recovery
Details: Android 4.4 KitKat
MODS: none

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10"1
ROM: CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly
RECOVERY: PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery
Details: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

Need any webhosting for your project? Contact me via PM or send me an email! Mega discount just for XDA Users!

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7059

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr Stallion View Post
Hey, thank you very much for helping out BD,

I am just learning all this stuff so sorry if I may not know what to do on very basic steps.

My first question is,

on step 5 on htcdev bootloader, it tells me to type in a command. I typed it and I got this, "fastboot is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"

Sorry man, if you get me through this lol I promise I will get you some fine Costa Rican coffee! I want to get it done, I hope you can be here guiding me and I am very thankful!
Open the cmd window from the folder with all the files that you downloaded

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

jluca98
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Download and install this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317790 and check the desktop shortcut in the setup. Run the new desktop shortcut and type commands there. Put the unlock token bin in the install folder. You can do this by right clicking the shortcut and clicking open file location and drag the token there.
My Sprint HTC One Blog - http://www.simplerooting.tk/

Phones
ATT iPhone 4 - SOLD
Sprint iPhone 4 - SOLD
Spint HTC Evo 4g LTE - SOLD
Verizon HTC Droid DNA - SOLD

Sprint HTC One - Currently Using

Cr Stallion
Old
(Last edited by Cr Stallion; 17th February 2014 at 04:10 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
All the files are under download, I went to the cmd window and typed download. Man, I have no idea how to do any of this stuff. I am completely new to all of this. I downloaded the files but then I don't even know if I am suppose to do anything with them...

I will restart again, as if I have not downloaded anything at all...

My first steps should be following the bootloader instructions on HTCdev, and at step 4 I download the files and then extract them to another folder. Then I should go hit start, type cmd. Click cmd, and type that stuff? That is what I did, where did I go wrong?

Daichisan
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
If you can wait for a bit I can make a video guide, if you wish? Just tell, cheers

HTC ONE M7_UL
ROM: Android Revolution HD 41.0
RECOVERY: TWRP touch Recovery
Details: Android 4.4 KitKat

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10"1
ROM: CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly
RECOVERY: PhilZ Touch 6 Recovery
Details: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean

Need any webhosting for your project? Contact me via PM or send me an email! Mega discount just for XDA Users!

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7059

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr Stallion View Post
All the files are under download, I went to the cmd window and typed download. Man, I have no idea how to do any of this stuff. I am completely new to all of this. I downloaded the files but then I don't even know if I am suppose to do anything with them...

I will restart again, as if I have not downloaded anything at all...

My first steps should be following the bootloader instructions on HTCdev, and at step 4 I download the files and then extract them to another folder. Then I should go hit start, type cmd. Click cmd, and type that stuff? That is what I did, where did I go wrong?
Unzip the folder all the files you need are inside

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daichisan View Post
If you can wait for a bit I can make a video guide, if you wish? Just tell, cheers

There are 2 videos posted in my guide

Forum Moderator

Cr Stallion
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
Unzip the folder all the files you need are inside

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

There are 2 videos posted in my guide
I really appreciate you guys on not giving up on me, BD should I download the root files before doing anything else?

Also, since I feel like an idiot about this stuff. Because everyone seems to have no problems and I can't even unzip a file or open a command. I had to google to even know what unzipping a file meant.

Is there any files I should have on my computer prior to attempting to download anything else in the guide? Also, should I just make a folder and name it something like androidroot, and then whenever I download a file, copy it to the desktop and try to open it?