Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] about programming

OP wong93

15th February 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Puchong
Thanks Meter: 17

112 posts
More
yo guys any of the programmers here learnt how to program from scratch(by reading/watching android tutorial straight w/o knowing anything)??without learning the needed language first. eg:java

degree is very expensive here and I have no chance to study so my best bet would be buying books about android app development and read about them and also referring online, will it be very difficult?? I know how to program in VB.net and C program which I learnt in diploma

thanks

One more question, how do game developers create the game graphics?? it can't be every programmer are so good at drawing lol, do they hire someone to draw??
Last edited by wong93; 15th February 2014 at 06:14 PM.
16th February 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
alternative
Try basic4android. With that program you can make android apps in Basic, but code will be compiled in native java, and you will get native android app without emulators.
6th March 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 6

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wong93

One more question, how do game developers create the game graphics?? it can't be every programmer are so good at drawing lol, do they hire someone to draw??

There are some resources on the internet where you can get free graphics for games, but usually when you need something specific the designer is a "must have".
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread