Tip us?

antvertigo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Don't know where to start…!

Hi guys

In order:
- I'm a disabled guy and the only way I can use a phone is through my computer by installing a VNC server on the phone
- therefore I got some help to root my Moto G
- everything was great for a couple of months, but then…
- yesterday, the VMlite app/server on my phone stopped working
- okay, I thought, as the phone is bugging me about an update I may as well do all that at the same time; update to 4.4 then hope the VNC starts working again
- no dice. Installation failed. Okay, do a factory reset, then try again
- the phone doesn't even shut down now, as the “warning bootloader unlocked" sign flashes and then the phone starts up again
- reset clears all my data, but it won't let me update to 4.4 and VMLite still doesn't work

Any ideas on how I can save this situation? I don't care about 4.4 now, but I am desperate to get VNC control back over my phone, otherwise I can't use it at all. Many thanks.

Antony

lost101
Old
Thanks Meter 307
You can flash stock firmware 4.3 or 4.4.2 using Fastboot. First thing is the get the phone working properly again, then investigate the VNClite issue. If you restore 4.3, you will likely be bugged about updating to 4.4 unless you root and delete the files related to updating.

Stock firmware images:
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=14
Fastboot files and example commands:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=116