Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,631 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Note 3 screen not made of Gorilla Glass?

Tip us?

ttl8me
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Default [Q] Note 3 screen not made of Gorilla Glass?

Good day! I just want to put to rest this rumor going around the net about Note 3's screen not being made with gorilla glass.. Is it true? I search corning gorilla glass site and Note 3 is not included in their list of smartphones made with gorilla glass. Could it be their website is not updated? I find it weird that Samsung will not include gorilla glass on their Note 3 considering it's a flagship phone.

MFZ22
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Take from this what you want to.. This is about the Note II, but the Note 3 would definitely follow suit. And yea, I replied to an old thread, but so what ? It's better than starting a new thread about something that's been discussed a lot already.

Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Vivan'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
Your Issue ID for this chat is
Vivan: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
Me: What type of glass does the Galaxy Note II have ?
Vivan: I understand that you want to know the device specifications.
Vivan: May I know the model number of your phone ? You can find the model number beneath the phone's battery which generally starts with SGH, SCH or SPH .
Me: SGH-I317
Vivan: Thank you for the model number.
Vivan: I would like to inform you that this Note II device has the Gorilla Glass 2.
Me: I see.. Is there a specific reason why Corning's website wouldn't have the Note II listed as having Gorilla Glass but it has the Note and Note 3 listed there ?
Vivan: We do not know the inform about this website, however the Note II have the Gorilla glass.
Me: OK.. one more thing..
Vivan: Sure, please go ahead.
Me: Some Note II manuals recommend to not use a screen protector and other model manuals recommend a screen protector, why would that be ?
Vivan: May I know which manuals you have viewed this information?
Me: Just browsing around the internet, i've seen people from different countries post pictures of their manuals
Vivan: I see. It is not recommended to use screen protectors with the phone, but to not get the scratches and issues with sensors, you can use screen protectors.
Me: The S Pen works very well without one. Is that why it's not recommended because of the S Pen ?
Vivan: Yes, you're right. For effective use with Touch screen and S Pen, the screen protectors are not recommended.
Me: Thanks for your answers..
Vivan: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Me: No
Vivan: Thank you.
Vivan: If you are looking for more details on the functionality of a product or would like to find answers to some of the questions, visit us at SamsungSimulator for an interactive review of some of our Samsung products. Great to save to favorites…easy access to simulators!!
Vivan: I would be happy to assist you if you have any further questions. Also, to understand our customers needs, we request you to fill in the survey form by clicking on the blue "X close" button after I have answered all your questions. Follow Samsung Service on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Chat session has been terminated by the Samsung Agent.

I'm not saying what they say is 100% final, but it is directly from a person that works for Samsung.

▄ █▀ ▄█▓▒░ MFZ22 ░▒▓█▀ ▄█▀ ▄
▄ █▀ ▄██▓░ Galaxy Note II running AOKP 4.4.2 ░▓██▀ ▄█▀ ▄

pete4k
Old
Thanks Meter 73
This question comes back just about every 3-4 days, so the answer is
Note 3 has Gorilla glass 3
and you can read about it here
http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/p...%C2%AE-Glass-3
2nd or 3rd Google search result from top