Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,512 Members 42,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Epic 4G Touch over heating.

Tip us?

chrisyroid
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Epic 4G Touch over heating.

My device is reaching over 100F while on battery and 134F while charging. I am using MoKee OSP 4.4.2 as my rom and I applied ComaDose V2.1 and Cossbreeder 7.2.13 tweaks. I have no idea what's going on. I saw that my CPU usage was a whopping 20 to 50% even while idle and I just flashed the darn thing yesterday. I love KitKat but I think if I can't solve this, I'm gonna switch back to stock.

beezie42
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisyroid View Post
My device is reaching over 100F while on battery and 134F while charging. I am using MoKee OSP 4.4.2 as my rom and I applied ComaDose V2.1 and Cossbreeder 7.2.13 tweaks. I have no idea what's going on. I saw that my CPU usage was a whopping 20 to 50% even while idle and I just flashed the darn thing yesterday. I love KitKat but I think if I can't solve this, I'm gonna switch back to stock.
I have run into this problem as well with a few kit kat roms. I always just take the battery out for a few mins and it normally helps.

I also found unmounting and 'remounting the external sd sometimes helped calm the cpu down.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk