Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,368 Members 44,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

catch 22 samsung

Tip us?

heartspeace
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default catch 22 samsung

I have an at&t i337 on JDQ39. ... MF3 and when I switched out the battery it turned on the customized phone lock screen. This was a replacement phone that they sent me a few months back that I am just now using because I was able to use the old phone for a while.long story short I had to pay for it because I lost it for a time during a move.

so to turn off the customize phone screen because the upgrades are failing to 4.3, I rooted the phone using the SD card / terminal (pwn script) method. Now the upgrade fails to install at 25 percent to 30 percent.

I am willing to go back to a stock 4.2 .2 and let AT&T upgrade me, or
4.3 stock ROM, or
go to 4.3 (preferably custom ROMs). I think that's all my Otis other than staying 4.2.2 rooted. Forgive if I mixed up any terminology.

Please help. This use to be easy before at&t screwed with it.

HP

ted77usa
Old
(Last edited by ted77usa; 16th February 2014 at 02:44 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 3,407

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartspeace View Post
I have an at&t i337 on JDQ39. ... MF3 and when I switched out the battery it turned on the customized phone lock screen. This was a replacement phone that they sent me a few months back that I am just now using because I was able to use the old phone for a while.long story short I had to pay for it because I lost it for a time during a move.

so to turn off the customize phone screen because the upgrades are failing to 4.3, I rooted the phone using the SD card / terminal (pwn script) method. Now the upgrade fails to install at 25 percent to 30 percent.

I am willing to go back to a stock 4.2 .2 and let AT&T upgrade me, or
4.3 stock ROM, or
go to 4.3 (preferably custom ROMs). I think that's all my Otis other than staying 4.2.2 rooted. Forgive if I mixed up any terminology.

Please help. This use to be easy before at&t screwed with it.
HP

If you want to upgrade to 4.3 MK2 then u can follow my thread | ★ MK2 ★ FULL ODIN TAR FILES ★ MK2 ★ | ★ UNBRICKED ★ Feb.06.2014 ★ | it should get u to MK2 easily..... check post#2 for guide on how to.....:thumbup: and also check this MK2 INDEX and Compatible ROM LISTS by @guut13....:thumbup::thumbup:

Swyped From MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition