Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Xposed module, forces links to open in another multiwindow instead of the current one

14th February 2014, 08:49 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 339

1,016 posts
"[MOD][XPOSED] ActivityForceNewTask"

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2646504

"Introduction:
Apps can launch other apps' activities inside their task. This makes it impossible to switch back and forth between the two. This module sets the FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK flag when starting a new activity, which 'fixes' that (note to devs: only startActivity is hooked for obvious reasons; intents that are expected to return something are not modified.)
Originally requested by jacknicholson here."

Not sure if this was an intended consequence or not, but if you have xposed installed, and have always been annoyed sometimes when you click a link, playstore for example in the stock browser, and see it open in the same multiwindow, instead of its own, and thus negate the option to have these two windows open side by side........then you might be interested in this module.(assuming that this is not a bug that only i have)

Pretty sure it'll work for other apps aswell, it also allows you to switch between the apps through the recent tasks button, whereas before, with some apps, say a third party app like loaderdroid, you had to close the recently opened app, (i use long press back button) in order to go back to the previous app.

Hope this helps someone, ive been waiting so long myself for this to be fixed, looks like the community pulled through again, "major" corps should be taking NOTES

Little guy : 1 big guy : 0
Last edited by banderos101; 14th February 2014 at 08:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to banderos101 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread