Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 49,359 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlocked ATT Galaxy Note 3 question.

Tip us?

Eyezayah
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default Unlocked ATT Galaxy Note 3 question.

Hi Guys, I'm considering purchasing a Note 3 that's currently on ATT and having it unlocked to work on T-Mobile. Once I unlock it, when I am looking to have it rooted, do I follow the steps for T-Mobile root, or for ATT root? Also, when flashing roms, would I use a T-mobile or ATT kernel?

I have a lot of experience rooting devices, but have never tried rooting an unlocked device from a different carrier. Thanks for your help.

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyezayah View Post
Hi Guys, I'm considering purchasing a Note 3 that's currently on ATT and having it unlocked to work on T-Mobile. Once I unlock it, when I am looking to have it rooted, do I follow the steps for T-Mobile root, or for ATT root? Also, when flashing roms, would I use a T-mobile or ATT kernel?

I have a lot of experience rooting devices, but have never tried rooting an unlocked device from a different carrier. Thanks for your help.
Follow the steps for the N900A (ATT variant). By following the directions for another device you're asking for a brick.

Rooting a locked or unlocked device is no different. The only difference may be differences in the EFS/NV items after a unlock which are completely separate from the system.

Sent from my SPH-L900. Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out!
If I or others have helped you out, don't forget to hit the Thanks button for us!
The Following User Says Thank You to ecs87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Towle
Old
(Last edited by Towle; 21st February 2014 at 12:25 AM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1844
You'll need to use everything from the AT&T section.

Edit: Ninja'd ^
“If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change. As a man changes his own nature, so does the attitude of the world change towards him. … We need not wait to see what others do.” -Gandhi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Towle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]