Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 52,770 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sprint Note 3 not registering on Airave Network Extender

Tip us?

wpoole
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Sprint Note 3 not registering on Airave Network Extender

So, I have had my Note 3 for about 3 weeks now and it has started to act shy around my Airave at home. Usually, I walk in the door and it's registered on it, but the last week or so it wont. Even if I power the phone off and back on it still camps on the 0-1 bar sprint network outside. My wife's S4 registers on it, no problem. I have called into Sprint, and we have reactivated, reset the profile on the phone and that works (as long as I stay within the range of the airave). The moment I leave and come back --- bam --- no airave coverage for me on my Note 3.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips or ideas? I have the Airave 2.5.

mvansomeren
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpoole View Post
So, I have had my Note 3 for about 3 weeks now and it has started to act shy around my Airave at home. Usually, I walk in the door and it's registered on it, but the last week or so it wont. Even if I power the phone off and back on it still camps on the 0-1 bar sprint network outside. My wife's S4 registers on it, no problem. I have called into Sprint, and we have reactivated, reset the profile on the phone and that works (as long as I stay within the range of the airave). The moment I leave and come back --- bam --- no airave coverage for me on my Note 3.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips or ideas? I have the Airave 2.5.
Have you tried resetting the Airave? Also, I had a problem with it last week. I went online to my Sprint Account > My Preferences > Manage my Airave and reentered the phone numbers allowed to access the Airave and the Zip Code and it solved the problem for me.

SM-N900P
Hardware ver. N900P.12
Baseband ver N900PVPUBMJ4

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (work cell)
(rooted using Kingoapp 1.1.1)

Previous Phones:
HTC EVO 3D
HTC EVO 4G
The Following User Says Thank You to mvansomeren For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

laestrella
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Having the same problem. My s4 never had an issue connecting and reconnecting. I've also tried resetting it but that didn't work. I updated the zip code on sprint's website but that didn't help either.

piaa_nissan
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I recently got the airrave setup and running but my note was the only phone not connecting. I'd tried everything and what finally started it working was using PRL helper to roll my PRL back to an older version like my wife's S4. Been working great every since and I'm thinking somehow the newer PRL was ignoring the airrave.
The Following User Says Thank You to piaa_nissan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wpoole
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I don't have the airave restricted in my account. It's wide open for anyone to use. I will check on the zip code. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app

mvansomeren
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
I don't have the airave restricted in my account. It's wide open for anyone to use. I will check on the zip code. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my SM-N900P using xda app-developers app
I live in an apartment complex so I have to restrict it to my numbers. The Airave can only handle 10 lines at a time so if it's full with other sprint users in the area, I can't get on. There used to be an option to restrict the square footage of the signal but that was removed a while back.

SM-N900P
Hardware ver. N900P.12
Baseband ver N900PVPUBMJ4

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (work cell)
(rooted using Kingoapp 1.1.1)

Previous Phones:
HTC EVO 3D
HTC EVO 4G

JuggZaPoppiN
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by piaa_nissan View Post
I recently got the airrave setup and running but my note was the only phone not connecting. I'd tried everything and what finally started it working was using PRL helper to roll my PRL back to an older version like my wife's S4. Been working great every since and I'm thinking somehow the newer PRL was ignoring the airrave.
I had to do a similar thing. I had sprint send me the previous prl and fixed my issues.
It seems the latest prl causes issues and will make your airrave useless.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

wpoole
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Airave issue partially solved

Ok, I downloaded PRL Helper from the play store ((thanks piaa_nissan)) and I found a PRL list for sprint (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1880781 I found that changing the PRL did help. I went to the 51xxx PRL and it allowed me to register on my Airave. However, I did experience problems with outgoing SMS messages.

I read on the Sprint users forum that the 800 Mhz band is causing the issue with the Airave. Sprint is rolling out 800 SMR in my area and the phone will stay locked on it vs. jumping over to the stronger 1900 Mhz on the Airave.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wpoole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

peterpopanut
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Ok, I downloaded PRL Helper from the play store ((thanks piaa_nissan)) and I found a PRL list for sprint (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1880781 I found that changing the PRL did help. I went to the 51xxx PRL and it allowed me to register on my Airave. However, I did experience problems with outgoing SMS messages.

I read on the Sprint users forum that the 800 Mhz band is causing the issue with the Airave. Sprint is rolling out 800 SMR in my area and the phone will stay locked on it vs. jumping over to the stronger 1900 Mhz on the Airave.
My phone used to connect to my Airwave, but couldn't send a text. I unplugged the Airwave for a while (couple of days), connected it again so my wife could have good signal and now my phone doesn't connect to the Airwave. I just went to the 56xxx PRL and will test when I get home from work to see if it connects to the Airwave and allows me to send a text.

wpoole
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpopanut View Post
My phone used to connect to my Airwave, but couldn't send a text. I unplugged the Airwave for a while (couple of days), connected it again so my wife could have good signal and now my phone doesn't connect to the Airwave. I just went to the 56xxx PRL and will test when I get home from work to see if it connects to the Airwave and allows me to send a text.
Mine settled down now and I am able to send SMS's with the 51xxx PRL on the Airave.